AuthorTopic: Paid booze-ups and hangovers, life doesn't get any better!  (Read 275 times)

Offline narked

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Paid booze-ups and hangovers, life doesn't get any better!
« on: November 02, 2007, 16:53:57 »
Well, on Wednesday we had a work outing to the NEC to attend the Interbuild building trade exhibition. A minibus and willing driver were arranged, wallets were filled in anticipation of the booze to come, and off we went.

Despite the daft prices (even in the on-site Wetherspoons, though let's be honest, we were expecting the booze to be a bit pricey) we all got rather slaughtered (some more than others, not that I mean me you understand...). Also had a good mooch about the show, quite a few interesting toys on display (mostly being displayed by some rather lovely looking ladies, excuse my perverted ways!), and various other bits of gear we quite fancied. Have to say that the most impressive thing we saw all day was a superglue replacement, that worked as a contact adhesive. Amazingly strong stuff, but still allowed you time to manouvre bits around if you wanted to. Would have bought some but the prices again were a bit silly.

Didn't come back empty handed however! Treated myself to a Space Navigator 3d mouse to aid my 3d design work after watching a demonstration of Google Sketchup Pro.

Then, I spent the journey back with my head stuck out of the minibus window. Found out later that one of my beers contained slightly more than beer, and that combined with the ciggie I had (as I don't smoke!) messed my stomach up quite considerably. So yesterday I was not in work! I decided I would much rather lose another days pay than struggle with my thumping head. However today, when the wages were dished out, I had a full week in my hand! So a paid booze-up, and a paid hangover day too. Can't get much better than that!

Powys 4x4 Response

Current Mods:
Moonraker Minor CB radio
Safari Snorkel
Extended axle and transmission breathers
235/70R16 Insa Turbo Dakar M/Ts
Roof light bar with 4x Ring Road Runner lamps

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
  • Referrals: 0
Paid booze-ups and hangovers, life doesn't get any better!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 17:01:24 »
Hehehe .. at least you can REMEMBER what you did. I have blanks .. no hangovers though. I'm not sure which is worse....
--
Neil

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal