AuthorTopic: Thoughts on Vauxhall Monterey  (Read 1680 times)

Offline fastmower

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Thoughts on Vauxhall Monterey
« on: October 31, 2007, 19:34:08 »
As the title really! What does anyone think to these? The one we're looking at is a 3.1 litre turbo diesel.

We're currently running a County Transit 4x4, and a '95 Pajero 2.8 TDi - but the Pajero will be for sale shortly. Jo (my wife) wants something a bit lighter on fuel - as it's running sub 20mpg at the moment :shock: Tried the usual stuff - all new filters and fluids, kickdown cable correctly adjusted, injectors cleaned etc etc - and it doesn't smoke a lot - but still thirsty.

We're after something she can run around doing her stuff with the kids in, and it will also be required to tow a 25 foot twin axle caravan - and no doubt if I ask ten different people I'll get ten different recommendations :lol:

She is currently looking at Jeeps and RR's with gas conversions (not new ones he added hastily!!), she quite likes Surfs, and would consider a County Defender - but they're a bit pricey really. She wants reasonable fuel economy - our Mondeo ST24 will do about 32 on a run if you don't enjoy yourself too much - so anything around 30 running light would be nice. We can handle a dip into the mid twenties when towing.

Any suggestions guys?

Cheers,

Andy

Offline frosty

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:23 »
what about the frontera with the 2.8 isuzu diesel engine? should tow it no problem and the fuel economy is pretty good on them things
90..standardish

Drift

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 10:23:36 »
The monty 3.1 is the same as the Tropper big horn 3.1 just rebadge  :wink:

Offline SSteve

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:48:58 »
No Worries if You went for the Monty.
It'll happily Tow a Big Caravan all day and Still give a good performance Off-Roading!
As Drift states, it IS a Re-Badged BigHorn.
Very Roomy inside and good Fun in the Mud

Vx Frontera - A Frequently Underestimated 4x4

Offline lurch_917

Attack Member
  • hi all hows it going
    • kettering
moteray
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:05:03 »
they are ok aslonge as you dont mind 18-20 mpg and alot on spare prices in comparison to other motors eg: headlight for vauxhall £65+ headlight for a landy £20-30 you do the mathes
As a youth I could run up and down stairs all day now I'm older it takes me all day just to walk upstairs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal