AuthorTopic: Weekend...? Don't Talk to Me About the Weekend!  (Read 277 times)

Offline Skibum346

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
  • Referrals: 0
Weekend...? Don't Talk to Me About the Weekend!
« on: October 22, 2007, 13:54:56 »
I'm hoping that the old saw about things happening in threes is true... cuz if it's in fourteens I'm gonna jump off the nearest high thing!

We got notice last week that Mr Insurance (other party's) was offering us £1400 for the T-bone repairs and we keep the vehicle. Great news... till Sunday!

Just North of Jct 14 on the M74... sudden vibration in 5th... leading to loss of all drive!  :shock:  I was thinking that the R380 output shaft splines had sheared  :?

After a bit of a wait... AA very nice man... recokoned it wasn't the splines but the clutch that had given up the ghost  :) . (We could put it in and out of gears with the engine running without dipping the clutch (clutch pedal felt "normal")).

Then... wifie goes down with some sort of stomach bug... cause to be defined!

Finally... switched on the PC at home this morning... and thought... is she burning the toast?! Nope... I could tell when all the lights went out and on resetting the 'pooter had no power... got the "mechanic" at it now.. looks like PSU has gone and the surge may have taken out the motherboard...  :roll:  :x  :x  :x

Must remember...

Don't let the *insert adjective here* grind you down

Skibum

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Weekend...? Don't Talk to Me About the Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 14:17:17 »
:( It'll get better.

Had a productive weekend, broke the Disco and fixed it (I think) in 24 hours. Then was looking at the wall where my workshop used to be a coal shed. 'tap tap' with my hammer and now the wall is in the trailer :)

Then took a look at the electrics, scary stuff.

30A cable out the wall, naked cable through the cement and into conduit, then through the wall as naked cable again  :shock:

From there right into a 4 way block, you know the ones that are rated 13A and need plugs and fuses. Then a plug for the light (2 core 3a for two florescent strips, no earth) and the same again for another run of 4 way blocks, same cable too.

Lighting is now done properly as is the one socket that I've put in. Need to order cable and sor the rest out. I have a feeling the cable from the house is dropped down the cavity.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal