Offline mad mik

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
steering
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:23:52 »
hi all,
have just been to ATS to get my tracking looked at, i have uneven wear on my drivers side tyre(worn on the inside) anyway, they tried to adjust it but the bar they tried was bent back and up, oops :roll: can't imagine how that happened, does any one know where i can get a new one or second hand and the bracket that goes behind it as it has worn a nice groove in that as well.  :oops:

Thanks in advance and look forward to your helpful advice as usual.
Defender 90  L reg

"The Fat Git"

Offline Litch

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
steering
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 21:33:32 »
New steering rods aren't expensive (less than £20 new) so don't go messing about with S/H ones as they can be bent (as you have found) and also they can rot from the inside out which isn't a good thing.

Solid bars are very popular nowadays as they are much more resistant to bending and of course the don't rot, I have had a pair on my 90 for a couple of years now and they work perfectly. Most aftermarket suppliers sell them but I bought mine from Green Oval where they cost still only cost £79 a pair including new TRE's.
If the bracket you refer to is the angled bracket that bolts to the bottom of the diff and has a lip that fits over the bar, this isn't required if you go for the solid bars as it is only a simple protector.
ONE LIFE, GET IT!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal