AuthorTopic: shogun 6-8inch lift help please  (Read 1920 times)

Offline minty

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • M6NTY
    • Wellingborough
  • Referrals: 0
shogun 6-8inch lift help please
« on: October 08, 2007, 21:41:39 »
ive been asked to put a 6-8 inch lift on our security motor ....why , becuse it looks nice well i ent so sure .
the car is mainly use on camp fields and some tarmac its suppose to be a quick responce vehical aiding in all sorts of situations. personel i dont see any benefit to it just more expense and problems, fitting Im told can be done by a local tradesman at  no charge but to put this type of lift on wot do we really need and should we take anything into consdieration as well. any of your picture would be appreciated and advice gratefully received

ho and thay seem to think thay wont need to change the wheeels either? just bigger springs and shocks would this be true ?

Im worried my boss has been miss informed  :shock:

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 22:50:56 »
pah... idiots. bl00dy posers if u ask me. tell em to do more reasearch especially a quicmk response vehicle 6-8inches how will that help in quick response.
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

wrecker

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 22:58:40 »
there would need to be a lot of work to get that sort of set up to work well,

longer lines,longer props,caster corrected arms,and would look silly with normal wheels,

when you think what some do to theres with a 3in lift, :shock:

Offline markyd

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 03:15:30 »
what are they trying to achieve with the lift?

you can do a suspension lift relatively cheaply around 2" in height.
Springs, shocks, and wind up the torsion bars a little to even it out.

Then depending on the year a body lift, which another 2" is easily doable with little modification. Above 2" and you get into further modifications, brake lines, fuel pipes, etc..

Then to go with all that new set of rubber, again its dependant on the use of the shogun. you could get another 2" with using 33's A/T's or muds.

HTH

Offline minty

Attack Member
  • M6NTY
    • Wellingborough
lift
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 15:55:21 »
i here wat you all are saying personaly myself i think he wants a monster truck :?  or some imtimadation? yes it would proberly look nice if done right at a huge cost i would susspecet as i am paying around £600. all in for a 2" lift on a disco at the momment so to put 6-8 on i would guess it would be some wot more than wot i have payed and he seems to think he will get change from £300. i think he has spent to long in the country air or he knows some thing we dont?

mad geordie

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 08:30:31 »
if you lift it that high you will have to extend your gear levers, rad needs moved you will have probs with your matrix to the rear heaters the pipes will give you greif, brake lines extended, bumpers need new fixing points, and thats just off the top of my head!

Offline minty

Attack Member
  • M6NTY
    • Wellingborough
lift
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 20:20:16 »
thanks all after shareing the tecqnical info with the others ive managed to put them of the idea thank hevans. i thougth it would be a complicated and expensive change to a perfectly good vehical but you have given a grate insight as to how much of a git it would be, and thay thourgt i was being awkward if only :twisted:

mad geordie

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:15:37 »
just dun mine not finished yet but getting there

Offline robert francis

Attack Member
Re: shogun 6-8inch lift help please
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 23:47:06 »
my friend just put a 3" body lift on his it looks got but now he want 2 go higher, id just get a landy and there far easier to work on and modify, and cheaper, ta
www.bonkas4x4wales.com
fully prepared offroader
lifted, large wheels, rose jointed trailing arms, snorkel,spots, roof rack, h/d rear bumper, tree sliders, winch and winch bumper, body lift, loads more.
www.bonkas4x4wales.com

mad geordie

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:17:40 »
mine now....mind you to do this lift...radiator has to be lowered, heater matrix pipes adapted, fuel lines extended, brake lines extended, fuel intake pipe extended, 4wd gear stick extended, steering rack extnded, bumpers modded, fuel filter lowered, intercooler moved, loads of daft fiddley bits moved or extended
wish i knew before i started! :evil:
but all dun now

Offline robert francis

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 10:49:36 »
hi, look sgood now, how do you find the lack of movement to the from wheels as its not got a live axle,
www.bonkas4x4wales.com
fully prepared offroader
lifted, large wheels, rose jointed trailing arms, snorkel,spots, roof rack, h/d rear bumper, tree sliders, winch and winch bumper, body lift, loads more.
www.bonkas4x4wales.com

Offline robert francis

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 15:15:27 »
hi, all sorted now, got it running,
www.bonkas4x4wales.com
fully prepared offroader
www.bonkas4x4wales.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal