AuthorTopic: dashboard connectors  (Read 740 times)

Offline Laughing Potato

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
dashboard connectors
« on: October 04, 2007, 23:23:49 »
I've got a 24v FFR Series 3 and want to run a power supply to charge the phone etc.

There are two very handy power supply holes on the dashboard which I want to use. I need to know what type/size connector fits into them.

I will them hot swap charger and CB when needed.

Thanks in advance for your help. You never know, on day I may be able to help someone myself
 :shock:
Help, I'm new to this.............

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
dashboard connectors
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 23:30:08 »
If it's the same as on the 101, they were just standard "banana" connectors used for low voltage electronics all over the place.  Maplins no doubt sell them.  However, on the 101 I managed to blow mine, and never could trace it back to a fuse...  I think it was running off a fusible link or something, or maybe I just burned out the wiring...
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
dashboard connectors
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 18:35:57 »
Is the outlet a 12v or 24v, they should be permanent live

They are normally 24v

You could re-wire them to 12v, or even easier fit another power outlet, like a cigarette lighter socket, you just run off one battery, the easiest way it to run the live from the battery that supplies the earth to the vehicle, then you can ground the other terminal to the vehicle body
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline Laughing Potato

Attack Member
dashboard connectors
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 20:57:41 »
Thanks for the replys  :)

I've now managed to find a connecter that fits and will do the job (lucky I'm into RC). I will connect this upto a 4way ciggy socket from the £1 shop (gotta love that place). The TomTom and my mobile phone charger will run on both 24v and 12v so thats not an issue. I will buy a step down transformer to take the 24v to 12v for other bits and bobs like my mains power inverter.

I will connect up my CB using this socket, will make it easy to remove when not using. If the series 3 is one thing, its certainly not secure :lol:

Cheers all
Help, I'm new to this.............

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal