AuthorTopic: another engine question  (Read 793 times)

Offline discodee

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
another engine question
« on: September 29, 2007, 18:20:06 »
Hi again ive got the chance of an older rr 77 or 78 and mines an 87,are they the same engines and what about the electrics,the older one has done half the miles mine has the body is in worse condition but I would just be getting it for spares anyway my engine is fine just now but ive not started playing in it yet so who knows Ive been thinking about the 4.2 engine I might just sell that on,the one out the 77RR runs sweet as a nut it sounds better than mine so might just swap that one and keep my engine as spares mmmmmm decisions decisions what do you all think sorry to be a pain in the ass with all these engine questions in the last few posts ive put up but you lot have allot more experience than I do im new to the land rover and RR way of life so cheers again :D

you can kid a fool,but you cant fool a kid

Offline carls200tdi

Attack Member
another engine question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 18:41:11 »
I have changed an efi engine to carbs before when i put an efi engine into my old rangie by changing the inlet manifold and distributor so can't see why it can't be done the other way round.I used the existing exhaust manifolds of the carb engine onto the efi engine with no problems hope this helps  :)
THANKS CARL
Astra turbo
range rover 4.6 hse

IF IN DOUBT GIVE IT A CLOUT

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
another engine question
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 00:22:16 »
It may be a lower compression engine and may be on points rather than the electronic ignition producing a few less horses
Obviously the electrics are simpler as no EFI or ECU but just the old fashioned coil condenser and points which if you have the whole vehicle  :wink:
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
another engine question
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 15:26:40 »
The pre-EFi heads don't flow as well either, though I've been told this has more to do with the valves and seats than the heads themselves.

Also a non-EFi head won't have the cut-out for the injector to spray into.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal