AuthorTopic: 1 month on  (Read 1649 times)

Offline tinca

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
1 month on
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:04:18 »
well, marshalls peterborough have had my beast for a whole month now. some of you will remember that last year on the thetford laning trip i broke down(turbo fault). well it's happened again, and this time they have admitted they cannot fix it, so have called in landrover to try and get to the bottom of it.
if it is still not ready for collection by the time i get back off holiday, they can keep the bloody thing, and give me a replacement.
i am driving a fl2 at the moment, which is nice, but not as enjoyable off road as the fl1, imho. too soft on the suspension, which distracts from the whole experiance.
we will see how it goes down devon way :wink:

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:19:20 »
Is it in warranty?  I always go back to the fact that 2 main dealers had my P38 in several times and between them couldn't work out how to fix it.  A decent independent, with engineers who actually understood how the thing worked, sorted it in an afternoon.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline tinca

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 16:29:32 »
it's not under warranty anymore, broke down 2 weeks after it ran out. i have paid £200 so far, and have been told there will be no more charges, no matter what it ends up being.lol, like i needed to be told that. basically they had the car a day and a half, phoned me to tell me it just needed the ecu re-setting, i told them to take it for an extended test drive, and phone me back, 15 mins later, they tell me they have found the fault and it will be ready to collect at 17:00, i paid my money, and 10 mins down the road, it did the same so turned it around and gave it back.
they got to the point where they were just swapping stuff from mine with another, all to no avail. LR came out for a day, said it was a fuel pressure reg, next day it was swapped for a new one. guess what, no change. now they are requesting a bloke from LR to stay untill it's fixed.

Offline tinca

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 20:55:37 »
still there, still no ideas, even from LR again :evil:

FL2 td4 ran sweet as on holiday, auto box was nice to have on the lanes, took the hassle out of driving twisty roads. 29.7 mpg :shock:  was a shocker, especially as my fl1 td4 did 35mpg, with a roof box and 2 bikes on the back.

how long should i let this go on for?

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 17:46:46 »
Hi Tinca

What happened to the Freebie? Do you get traction control and hill descent lights come on the dash, then it goes into 'safe mode' and won't go above about 40mph? If so, its a known issue. Take the fuse/relay box out from the N/S of the engine bay. You will find the wiring harness is worn through on one of the suspension tower bolts.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline tinca

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 23:32:07 »
no, approx 5 miles into your journey, the engine light comes on, you loose all power and just about manage to keep up with lorries, same as what happened during thetford last year. last time they found the actuator was stuck, this time they have replaced all of the fuel pressure side of things ( after lr had been to see it twice) and it's still there. phoned them again today, lr have been out again, and still have no idea. so the dealership can't fix it, and neither can lr themselves

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:46:33 »
Still might be worth checking. The engine light coming on and the lack of power still seems to be the car going into 'safety mode'. I'd still pull the box out and have a look.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline tinca

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 20:42:48 »
they were changing the high pressure pump on friday, and then the loom on monday if the pump does not work. after that she's off to lr until they fix it.

Offline tinca

Attack Member
1 month on
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 21:09:51 »
it's back

high pressure pump was the culprit

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal