AuthorTopic: earlier type engine into a fourtrak? Wow this is easy peasy.  (Read 1747 times)

Offline AndyN

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
earlier type engine into a fourtrak? Wow this is easy peasy.
« on: September 20, 2007, 15:25:51 »
Hi people, i was wondering if anyone has replaced the engine on a fourtrak recently as i have a few q's?

Mine is a 96 p plate 2.8 turbo intercooled fourtrak, and i'm having trouble finding a suitable age engine for it. Would the older type (90-93) type non intercooled turbo engine fit if i use my turbo and intercooler?
 are there any/many extra sensors on the later engines that are not on the  earlier DL51?? ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has an engine for one ideally a late  F78?? type engine knocking about please let me know how much you want for it, cash waiting.

Regards, Andy.

Offline justinmud

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 14:56:11 »
hi andy the dl51 should go in with out a prob and there is not to much difference between them both and you can fit your intercooler to it  :D

Offline AndyN

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 21:28:28 »
cheers, i just missed one on ebay because i was at work too.

There was a really nice p reg one just went for £3.5k on ebay too but she would murder me i i spent that for the sake of an easier option!

Offline AndyN

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 23:30:58 »
Started the removal of the old engine earlier, and finished it 2 hours later!!! i'm no mechanic but this is so easy, the front crossmember comes off too so its a doddle to get out. got the new lump beside it to swap parts as well so i may finish it by tomorrow.

the diesel lump is very heavy though i had to buy myself an engine crane as my mates one is a wind up type and too much like hard work. but all is going well and misery free so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal