AuthorTopic: speed limiters  (Read 5997 times)

Offline davidlandy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
speed limiters
« on: January 04, 2005, 19:43:08 »
I hear that from the 1st Jan 2005 all commercial vehicles over 3.5tonnes and any passenger carrying vehicles between 8-12 seats need to have a speed limiter fitted!!  Not sure of the speed they need to be limited to but assume that it may as per the trucks ie 56mph.

so if its a retrofit all of you out there with 110 CSWs may have to watch out!  

Not that they get out there much but I further believe that they will also be banned from using the fast lane on a motorway!!  

fact or fiction?????
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 19:47:19 »
That would only apply to 110s registered as commercial vehicles or passenger carrying vehicles though wouldn't it ?

Or have I missed something.....   :?
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vam

speed limiters
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 20:53:05 »
They want to limit the speed of Landi? :wink:
Are they serious????

Why?  Mine happyest at 6o, have rarely had her at 70MPH
(Got to 75 once (down hill, wind behind me etc)

As for the seats, well mine is a 5 seater now, cubby space in front middle and bench seats taken out of back, told insurance compay and they reckon it's now covered for 7 people (work that one out! :roll: )

Any way trucks and lorries do go faster than 56 MPH  everything overtakes me on the Motorway....

Is this another windup, like the copyrite one :wink:

Helen

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 21:06:19 »
Helen,

I am just trying to find some more info on the net  - I too am unsure whether its fact or not. I heard via the power of rumour!

:D
Dave

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 21:14:32 »
Dave

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 21:29:15 »
My take is that the 110 isn't normally registered as a PCV or a Commercial, so it won't apply
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 21:39:45 »
cant see where it says about vehicles having to be registered as PSVs it just says:

When Directive 2002/85/EC is fully implemented - after all the relevant transitional provisions have expired - limiters will be required by EC law to be fitted to:

All passenger vehicles with more than eight passenger seats

as clear as ever!
Dave

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 21:57:58 »
It looks like the usual 'Weasel Words' EEC document.
The assumption is that it will onlyapply to vehicles used in a commercial/hire & reward situation.
If not, it's interesting to see that it's 8seats & above meaning that the 7seater MPV's (a notable builder of being; French!!) aren't touched.
Clever that!!!, not too many Euro-MP votes lost by intentionally alienating 'Galaxy Man'
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 22:00:55 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"
If not, it's interesting to see that it's 8seats & above meaning that the 7seater MPV's (a notable builder of being; French!!) aren't touched.
Clever that!!!, not too many Euro-MP votes lost by intentionally alienating 'Galaxy Man'

I think that may be just a little paranoid you know...  the Discovery has 7 seats... won't affect them... or the 90 CSW...  There aren't many "cars" with more than 7 seats, and I doubt they are doing this solely to slow down the 110 owners ;-)
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Vam

speed limiters
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 22:04:13 »
Um read it and reckon it will apply (hopefully) to vehicals registered to bussiness' s only

Also it says 'exceeds 3.5 tonnes' well she is supposed to be 3050 kgs so the 'exceeds' bit could be the saving grace thing.

Won't be implimented for years (2008) and not sure about older vehicles having to have it done.

Mine hasn't got 8 seats just 5 so I don't know how they handle that one :wink:

Helen

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 22:19:59 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"

If that argument were true, surely they'd want to alienate galaxy man, since the galaxy is a ford, and ford are american :-/

they'd have a restriction "have more than 6 seats and don't have a girls name / a weird looking bottom" if it was euro protectionism surely :D
--

Offline Wanderer

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 22:38:08 »
Where's the moderators when you need them?

Daz keeps making references to bottoms!
 :P
Ed
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
speed limiters
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2005, 22:42:44 »
Quote from: "Wanderer"
Daz keeps making references to bottoms!
 :P   Ed

I'm saying nothing  :-#
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal