AuthorTopic: Madeleine McGann Murder  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Madeleine McGann Murder
« on: September 07, 2007, 17:35:43 »
The police in portugal think the mother may have done it.  Something to do with blood in a hire car hired 25 days after the dissapearance.

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 17:36:47 »
Not sure just yet.

But something about this has ALWAYS smelled funny. Dont jump the gun though.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 17:40:29 »
No sympathy for either parent as if they had not left the child she would not be missing.

Not saying it is good for the little girl it is bad every which way.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline strapping young lad

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 17:43:08 »
what struck me from the beginning....

when you saw the mum of that 11yr old boy Rhys shot dead in liverpool , you could feel her grief and she was really upset in front of the cameras (understandably)

you now cast your minds back to when madeleine first disappeared.. i dont recall a very distraught tv broadcast from either parent,

i know people act differently but personally if my child went missing, i would be inconsolable..

just thought it odd, not pointing any fingers!

Offline freeagent

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 18:51:14 »
what he said.. I've always thought that something didn't add up... if she was my daughter i'd have been a wreck in the press conference, not as cold as stone...

Maddy must be dead by now, which is an absolute tradgedy, but i have no sypathy for either of the parents because if they did just leave the kids alone while they boozed it up in a resturant then this is entirely their fault..

If they did have anything to do with it (and i've always thought they had) then they are going to be hated by the entire world for the circus they have created over the last 4 months...

I just hope this is now brought to a swift conclusion, and Maddy can be found and laid to rest, so those who did give a monkeys can say their goodbyes and get some closure..
1996 300Tdi 3-Door Discovery...

H/D Steering rods, Steering guards, diff guards, discoparts H/D rear bumper, rocksliders with tree bars, 245/75r16 General Grabber AT2's..

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 19:06:11 »
I always thought that if some one had taken her with the media coverage it would have scared them into doing something they possibly never intended.. Ie killing her.

it is a real shame if this is the case as shes gonna have to live with that the rest of her life.. it will ruin her family and her career.

all for 15mins of fame??
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 20:11:33 »
Quote from: "Bunnie"

all for 15mins of fame??

There have heard many theories about what has happened to that poor little girl.

If I were in her position, how would I feel and behave?  I think I would completely fall to pieces.  But people do act differently under stressful circumstances.  

But I hardly think she's done it "all for 15mins of fame"!   [-X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*******    Greenworld Biodiesel Ltd, Brook Mill, Carr Lane, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5BQ     *******

www.greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk ~ enqs@greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The use of vegetable oils for engine fuels may seem insignificant today.  But such oils may become, in the course of time, as important as petroleum and the coal tar products of the present day."  - Rudolph Diesel (1858-1913)

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 20:19:25 »
Quote from: "biodiesel-queen"
Quote from: "Bunnie"

all for 15mins of fame??

There have heard many theories about what has happened to that poor little girl.

If I were in her position, how would I feel and behave?  I think I would completely fall to pieces.  But people do act differently under stressful circumstances.  

But I hardly think she's done it "all for 15mins of fame"!   [-X

It's happened before, you are assuming a person of sound mind. Remeber Billy-Jo Jenkins?

I'm not convinced its her but too many things dont add. The window of opertinity is too small. The perp happened to pick a room with kids in, and know they were there, a busy hotel and no one saw anything. Too many holes.

If they were going back every 15 mins thats a really small window of opertuity, specially if the door was locked. Finding blood in there means there was a fracas of some kind, thats more time gone, and how do you move a bleeding/dead child without being spotted?
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 21:45:13 »
Add to that rich, that they say they found blood in the car that was hired 25 days after the dissapearance of the girl.

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 22:03:51 »
idle speculation wont change anything. the ONLY thing of any importance here is that little girl and i think we owe it to her to leave this subject alone.

Truth has a way of coming out...lets wait and see rather than debating it.
EFILNIKCUFECIN
Disco V8 3 dr - THROW ME A FRICKIN' BONE HERE.
3 link, lockers and 35's- NUFF said

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 22:48:50 »
Am totally sick of the hype about this poor girls fate....check the news about Iraq about how many kids get orphaned or parents loose children

Are they less important?
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 23:11:12 »
Agree with BF but how often do you travel around a holiday resort at night and see countless mums and dads with youngsters fast asleep on their  shoulders. Would you challenge them or think to yourself "bless, the littleun is tired?"

If it was a youngster of mine that had been taken then I don't think that I could appear on national TV looking like I had lost a postage stamp. Sorry to appear flippant but something does not add up about the whole scenario.

I hope Maddie is found safe and  sound but somehow I don't think she will.

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 23:16:32 »
To pick up on Bulli's point, bear in mind this has been discussed before and did lead to some emotive comments and hurt feelings...  please bear in mind the sensitive nature of this subject when posting  :)
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 08:12:21 »
Im not going to judge till we have the facts....
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline karlo

Attack Member
  • TATA The New Green Oval!
    • Swadlincote, South Derbyshire
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 09:41:43 »
The title to the thread "Madeleine McGann Murder" I didn't realise they had found that poor little girl's body?

Should it not be "The Disappearance Of Madeleine McGann"?

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 09:49:33 »
Quote from: "karlo"

Well, strictly speaking, "The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann", as that's her name.

I think the point may be related to the Portuguese police suspecting the mother of having killed the girl.

On the radio they were saying part of the "evidence" is a blood stain in a hire car they are alleged to have used to move the body.  They hired it 25 days after the disappearance.  I'm no forensic scientist, but if you'd stored a body for 25 days, surely blood stains wouldn't be that relevant?
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline Sider

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 10:29:43 »
Quote from: "thermidorthelobster"

Well, strictly speaking, "The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann", as that's her name.

I think the point may be related to the Portuguese police suspecting the mother of having killed the girl.

On the radio they were saying part of the "evidence" is a blood stain in a hire car they are alleged to have used to move the body.  They hired it 25 days after the disappearance.  I'm no forensic scientist, but if you'd stored a body for 25 days, surely blood stains wouldn't be that relevant?

They would not. By that time, transfer of blood would be minimal, unless the body had been stored in ideal conditions. (I studied Pathological Anathomy, which, if not quite the same, is quite similar to Forensic Pathology).

People react differently to different situations, and most of the reason for the way you behave is how you were brought up. If your family showed their emotions openly, chances is you will. If, however, your family taught you to repress your emotions, and not let them show to outsiders, then that's how you are going to appear.

My grandmother has lost 2 children (one 30 years ago, shotgun accident,  the other one 15 years ago, leucaemia), my aunt is ill with terminal cancer, and my grandfather and my grandfather passed away a couple of months back. Even though I know for a fact that my gramma adored each and everyone of them, the same way she adores the rest of us, and even though we know she is sick with grief, no one outside the close family would be able to tell.

On another note, remember than according to portuguese penal law, it is an imprissonable offence for any member of the police or prosecution service to divulgue any information whatsoever related to a criminal investigation. Ergo, chances are this alleged "evidence" is the result of some journalist trying to impress his/her editor. Either that, of the Judiciaria is trying to score some brownie points by showing that they are actually getting some results, even if they are not based in anything solid.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline karlo

Attack Member
  • TATA The New Green Oval!
    • Swadlincote, South Derbyshire
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 13:37:28 »
Quote from: "thermidorthelobster"

Indeed you are right I didn't notice that!

Murder is speculation not proven, Child abuse as in neglect well I think that has proved itself and hopefully (although not looking good) she will be found safe & well, Having kids of my own I would not have put them in that situation, IMO the parents should face prosecution.

Offline freeagent

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 00:17:12 »
agree with Karlo, whatever the outcome the parents should face prosecution for child neglect, the other kids need to go on the 'at risk' register aswell....

H/D Steering rods, Steering guards, diff guards, discoparts H/D rear bumper, rocksliders with tree bars, 245/75r16 General Grabber AT2's..

Offline Lee_D

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 02:31:21 »
It's not a Murder investigation as has rightly been pointed out but the Police need to consider this as an option.

I'm not aware of Blood being found in the car, DNA yes, Blood no.

Cross contamination is a big issue and given the time it has taken for this evidence to emerge it's most likely a technique called "low copy" DNA testing has been used. DNA from the likes of a bead of sweat, a splash from a sneeze etc etc. It needs some very special treatment to develop such samples and as such the accuarcy and detail is reduced, and thus it's forensic worth. Now look at how DNA works and put four relatives in a car , they are all going to have a similar DNA profile - especially the twins.

It may be enough to show the difference between two freinds, but close family is another matter.

Then look at cross contamination options in relation to low copy or indeed normal DNA processes assuming it was Maddies DNA that was found. For example it's very possible that the DNA found could have come from the clothing of any of the family sat in the car which had been in contact with Maddie before her disappearance, or maybe a handbag, a doll or a keyring. Lets not forget  Maddie fell over getting on the plane and cut her knee, Maddie had her doll which her mum later had hold of in nearly every media shot after maddie initially disapeared - this may well result in the transfer of DNA and any forensic experts would have to acknowledge this as the potential source (even if the theory is wrong for those sceptics out there).

Blood in the appartment has already been discounted as not the McCanns family unless I've missed somthing. If forensic experts checked out my bathroom sink they would probably assume I'd killed myself several times over - death by shaving. Many people have used that appartment, many people will have bleed there.

While I won't sit back and say I'm not suspicious of anyone involved I will state for the record I'm glad we've stopped burning / dunking witches and Hanging folk as many would have gone down this route already.

The Portugeese police were aware the McCanns were about to come home - it may simply be a case that administratively it's simpler to declare them a suspect before they departed than try and do so after - it cuts down all the red tape. Declaring them suspects also allows them to ask some searching questions about what they have turned up. It may eliminate some evidence through simple explanation. I'm not completely reassured that the Portugeese police are fully up to speed with the in's and outs of DNA , cross contamination etc etc but then to be fair it's hard to tell given they operate in such a shroud of secrecy. It's also difficult as alot of the differences in Law also become confused in translation.

Lets not hang them out to dry just yet eh! Innocent to proven guilty chaps, not the other way around. They could be guilty but none of us know. Only the McCanns and whoever has / had Maddie truely know the truth.

Besides that I'll finish by saying the main thing is they find Maddie regardless of her fate. Lets not take the eye off the ball.
Currently : ' 03 Range Rover Vogue TD6 Auto, '90 110 CSW TD
Previously : 101 Ambi Prototype, Jaguar powered IIa Auto , '83 RRC , '90 RRC , '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd

Offline discomummy

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 09:26:36 »
Hi,

i wonder how this would have been played had it been a single mother who left her 3 kids whilst she went off - i bet she would not have had David Beckham pleading for the return of her child!

whilst i feel for any person losing their child - these people are wealthy - they could afford a babysitter,

i have never left my children alone - much to their disgust

apparently one of the other parents found one of their children vomiting - what would have happened if that child had choked on its vomit?  i cannot condone leaving children of that age alone in any circumstances - that is unforgivable, but they have to live with what they have done.

my prayers are all for maddy and her siblings - the parents can fend for themselves

regards

ela
Sonar - DII V8 now become a toy
Pugsley (peugeot 407) now sitting dead in a garage workshop, being replaced by Yeti the kia carens!
Bagheera - geoff's new(ish) car - a black jaguar!
love is....a husband who is prepared to put petrol in his wife's V8 without flinching - now has admitted to flinching occasionally

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 09:59:38 »
when my son ran off the police (although i have a lot of respect for them all) did not seem bothered in fact they classed him as NOT AT RISK, it was horrible but i could not have faced the cameras without sobbing and wouldn't  even dare leave my 2 youngest alone and they are 9 and 11 years old!!! makes me wonder sometimes the old saying being practice what you preach!!!!

i did complain but that didn't get me much further at least we got him back and know why he did it

Debbie
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline redhand

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 11:26:55 »
Quote from: "Zen"
It's not a Murder investigation as has rightly been pointed out but the Police need to consider this as an option.

Lets not hang them out to dry just yet eh! Innocent to proven guilty chaps, not the other way around. They could be guilty but none of us know. Only the McCanns and whoever has / had Maddie truely know the truth.

Besides that I'll finish by saying the main thing is they find Maddie regardless of her fate. Lets not take the eye off the ball.

Couldn't have put it better my self.
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk/
www.landyzone.co.uk
www.landrovernet.com
www.mig-welding.co.uk

1987 TD90 Hard Top

I haven't got a clue where I'm going. But God Help Them when I get there..

Offline AndyN

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 12:07:35 »
I was very suspicious when the parents went on telly and pleaded  for for her return purely because it made my missus and i well up and cry with thoughts of "what if that was our kid"?, yet her parents never seemed to shed a tear! i know they are very religious but surely, no religion can hold people together like that.

BUT... on the flip side.... The portugese police don't HAVE to let out any detail of the investigation, they could just let out what they want to shape peoples opinions much like the media and the politicians do.
Andthey have been declared suspects after how many months? how long was the hire car sat there? seems a bit suss that after the reports come out that people want them out of praia de luz, the are declarded suspects and offered a plea bargain.
Remember the police may be under pressure to get rid of them as the disappearance of this girl and their campaign to find her has probably made a massive impact to the tourism income during the june-august school holiday period. The police in portugal also look completely inadequate in the glare of the worlds media.

just a theory

mad geordie

Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 14:33:03 »
from the beginning i said that the parents done it! if i lost or my kid went missing i wouldnt be-able to talk so calm on tv i would be kicking in doors and going mad looking for my kids, i wouldnt go round the world on payed holidays getting sympathy, and fame!
now they have came back to the uk and are suspect NOW they want to cry in front of tv?
i say they have drugged the kids to sleep so they could have scran without them ( in the uk that means you could have ya kids taken off ya they should be dun for that to start with) i think because the lassie was bigger they might have overdosed the poor kid and pannicked and because she is a gp and him a surgen they know how to dispose of a body, too many things popping up and making them look like suspects what happend to "WE WONT LEAVE WITHOUT OUR KID!" NOW there suspect quick get back to the uk delaying questioning they should not have kids if they only want them when they want them! them poor bairns on tv always seem to be carried everywhere they cant be that tired all the time i bet there drugged too, the mother looks well dodgy i think and the father is covering up for the mum

trust me i,m pretty good at working these things out and i would be only too glad to eat my own words,
there are loads of people in the world who cant have kids and these people dont deserve kids!

Offline Hobnailkelly

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 19:42:23 »
If the parents are found to be guilty of overdosing the child on whatever and this is proved to be the cause of her death there are going to be lots and lots of very red faces in this country as well as in Portugal.  The media have treated the whole sorry saga as nothing more than a great story, one bound to grab public sympathy (although not in my house or many others now).  I find it distasteful bordering on the obscene the way the parents have been asking for more and more money for a fighting fund to keep the search going.  If they are guilty will they give all the donations back?

If nothing else, the parents should be charged with child neglect.

Offline freeagent

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 22:10:25 »
yep, totally agree, they should be charged with child neglect and the other two put on the 'at risk' register, regardless of what happened to Maddie.

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 23:24:48 »
They have other children.... :evil:  :roll:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline Sider

Attack Member
Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 07:20:59 »
Hey, I have the stocks, who has the tar and feathers????

Me thinks some of us are a bit to quick to call in the lynching mob.

Somehow I have the nagging sensation on the back of my scalp that at least one of the stoners was critizising the way trials are conducted in the Iberian Peninsula, comparing them to the Wild West courts.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

mad geordie

Madeleine McGann Murder
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 07:31:52 »
another thing the women who phoned and said they spotted the kid where did she go? any1 ever see her on tv? or was it the mum making a hone call to throw the police of the sent?
too much fame now about time they confessed or found this kid
you here of kids going missing all the time, but sum get found dead or get found in a state this poor lass just dissapeared into space? the whole world is looking out for her and no1 seen her?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal