AuthorTopic: Ouch !  (Read 276 times)

Offline v8kenny

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Ouch !
« on: September 04, 2007, 22:32:45 »
First time on here since Saturday........................................................
I was working on Sunday doing a dry stane dyke and felt a twinge in my back on the way home - by bedtime it was really quite sore so I took a couple of paracetamol and hobbled upstairs
Alarm went of Monday morning and I jumped up..................................This is when I thought I had been shot ! - my back went into complete seizure and locked solid - me half in and half out of bed
It was so sore I was nearly greetin' and just could not move - the Missus phoned the doctor who just happened to be leaving a call at the local hospital about half a mile away
He gave me a jag in the erse of muscle relaxant which did the trick eventually ! - luckily I was lying face down with my head in the pillow and my erse in the air so he had a good target
At the least the wife had somewhere to park her bike for a while !

eased off a bit now but still bloomin sore mind - don't think I'll be doing much this week  :roll:
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
Ouch !
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 22:44:42 »
if you do manage to get up walking is good. few of our regular customers have reoccuring back pain from verious injuries over the years..
they seem to reckomend short walks and stuff
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
Ouch !
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 22:49:17 »
Thanks Bunnie
Doc said to try and keep mobile - I aint been outside yet but get up often and walk about the house - seems to ease it a bit
Already a LOT better than yesterday so maybe get back to work before the end of the week
I have always done manual work but this is the first (and hopefully last) time I have hurt my back - must be getting old   :wink:
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal