AuthorTopic: HELP PLEEEEASE !!  (Read 339 times)

Offline kevinragman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Done and very happy!!
  • Referrals: 0
HELP PLEEEEASE !!
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:27:57 »
Hi there, I have a bit of a problem.  The story is, A 96 discovery 300tdi auto.  Factory alarm/immobilizer, got the two button remote.  The remote gets droped into the sea.  Gets recovered, but doesn't work.  Get the car to a dealer and they program a new remote to the car, now the car unlocks locks and turns over but doesn't start.   It has the remote fuel pump, not the cable operated one.  Has anyone got any ideas on this very pressing matter.  I have a guy stuck in France who dropped his remote into the sea and story continues as above.  Any help would be greatfully recieved.  Kevin [-o<
1980 Series 111 Safari lwb, Needs love!!
1998 Suzuki Swift 3 pot auto!
Lots to do.......
Only one lifetime to do it.......
www.wackyracers.org.uk

Offline chris9119

Attack Member
  • The New Big Boy, Gert...
    • Lordswood, Kent
HELP PLEEEEASE !!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:45 »
Kevin

Call Remote-Key - http://www.remotekey.co.uk/

Tel: 0121 308 0819

Very helpfull man who can advise
Chris
Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/chris9119/gallery

Mud-Clubbers do it on channel 30

Offline kevinragman

Attack Member
  • Done and very happy!!
remote
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 11:25:44 »
Hi there Chris, I already have and she gave me the same advice I already have.  I used them for my remote and they did a fantastic job of it.  But the problem lies with the fuel soleniod and not the remote now.  The alarm activates and deactivates off the remote as does the immobilizer but still wont go.  If I could get to get a wire from the battery to the soleniod somehow and try that.  But the fuel pump is not the cable operated one its remote so god only knows??  Any ideas??
1980 Series 111 Safari lwb, Needs love!!
1998 Suzuki Swift 3 pot auto!
Lots to do.......
Only one lifetime to do it.......
www.wackyracers.org.uk

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
HELP PLEEEEASE !!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 21:16:03 »
..long walk home..? :lol:  :lol:

mine has the remains of an alarm fitted, and the other morningit would not start (no turn over or nothing) i went through the routine of locking up, pressing button (which lights up, but doesnt seem responsive) and standing for 3 mins (time for alarm to set fully) then press button, unlock doors... and off we went.

you have to think like the alarm, it recons someones trying to pinch it... and i know some immobilisers will lock down for a set time, and that time doubles each time a false start... ie, lock down for 10 mins, 20 mins, 40 mins etc...

could be worth removing the battery for 24hrs (some alarms have battery backup) and see if it resets itself.

good luck, hope the booze gets back ok!

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal