AuthorTopic: D-Flex Shackles  (Read 1113 times)

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
D-Flex Shackles
« on: August 27, 2007, 23:11:04 »
Hi I am thinking of getting some D-Flex's but have a few Questions on them first.

How do these perform on the road does it make the drive as bad and normal extedned shackles ?

Do you lose the approach angle like you do when you fit the Exteded shackles and they just dig into the ground ?

Do they make much differnce off road should I get them fitted to the front and back or is just the front enough ?

Has anyone else got these fitted and how do you get on with them please let me know. Do they lift the truck up a little aswell.

Baz
Thanks,
      Baz

Offline wheelspinner

Attack Member
D-Flex Shackles
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:31:16 »
Baz

Just for a bit of info there is a guy on Difflock who is looking for people to test some d flex shackles he has just designed.
He has incorporated a locking pin so the on road manners are not affected may be worth an email....

Regards

Steve
Owner of a full  size 1000 piece Suzuki jigsaw....

Offline markT

Attack Member
D-Flex Shackles
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 20:30:45 »
hi baz

hi had them on my old sammy and to tell you the truth it scared the hell out of me when drivivg it on the road.

it scared  that much it had to go..........

i might have put to much with it  though i was running it with spoa,3" body lift and 33" tyres.

first of all i thought the back shox were shot so i changed it for some pro-comps and changed the shox angle on the back aswel but it would still be all over the place onn the road m8.

off road it was amazzzzzzzzing though

mark

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
D-Flex Shackles
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 20:47:20 »
You got me thinking now I am running 32" and SPOA.

thought about going for a body lift are D Flex really that bad on the road becasue i do quite a few miles to pay and play days and green laning.
Thanks,
      Baz

Offline markT

Attack Member
D-Flex Shackles
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 09:48:41 »
hi baz

its not the deflex thats the problem uts the way that the back shoxs have to be at an angle on the back.

cause the deflex opens that much you have to fit longer shox, this means you have to put then at a allmost 45 degree angle copmered to them being straight( as standard). so if you hit a dip in the road the back end just starts going all over the place.

to think of it it could have been the weight of the cage on mine cause tim weston had the same set up on his but he was running a soft top with no cage.

if you can a differnet place to put the rear shox and not much of a angle baz u should be all right

mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal