AuthorTopic: 2a with 2 grille  (Read 825 times)

Offline Spacemud

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Rhoose
  • Referrals: 0
2a with 2 grille
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:17 »
My very late 2a is the 'lights on the wings' version, but I recently bought an earlier front panel with the light on the front grille as the one fitted at the moment is on it's last legs.

I intend to fit it next week and also keep the original outer lights, so has anyone who has done this before got any advice? Not sure what to do about the inner headlights. Can I have four headlights on at once, or would they be better just for main beam? Has anyone done any other light configuration, and can anyone suggest the best way to wire it all up?

Thanks!   :)
Spacemud misses his Land Rovers :o(

Offline ian_s

Attack Member
2a with 2 grille
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 08:37:56 »
i've seen this done before, and i think the middle lights had been replaced with long range driving lamps, and they were wired up through seperate switches
series 3 - 200tdi
Discovery V8

Offline edy

Attack Member
2a with 2 grille
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:57:46 »
to make it easy i would connect them up to the lights already in place, but im not quite shure how well this would go down with the law so if i was you i would put them on a seperate switch.
landy 109 truck-cab ex-mill (currently for sale)
series 2A V6 essex 8)

http://www.freewebs.com/edylandrovers/index.htm
"there is a light at the end of every tunnel, just pray it aint a train"

Offline Bowie

Attack Member
2a with 2 grille
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 14:00:45 »
You can wire them to main beam only, then tehy are effectively just driving lamps -no legal implications here!

Oh, don't forget to use relays before you double the current going through your headlamp wiring/switches!!

Bowie.
1980 SIII Lightweight 2.25 Petrol - completely standard.
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 - now on LPG (sorted!), 2" lift, mud tyres, and more to come...

Offline The Landy Guy

Attack Member
Re: 2a with 2 grille
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 20:50:56 »
Quote from: "Spacemud"
My very late 2a is the 'lights on the wings' version, but I recently bought an earlier front panel with the light on the front grille as the one fitted at the moment is on it's last legs.

I intend to fit it next week and also keep the original outer lights, so has anyone who has done this before got any advice? Not sure what to do about the inner headlights. Can I have four headlights on at once, or would they be better just for main beam? Has anyone done any other light configuration, and can anyone suggest the best way to wire it all up?

Thanks!   :)

i have the same, i made the inner grill lights in to spotlamps
Series Rule!!!!

1970 Series 2A SWB(89-inch) Truck Cab

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal