AuthorTopic: you can tell when you are getting old when................  (Read 982 times)

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
  • Referrals: 0
Police officers or on this case Police Community Support Officers are getting younger!
Thames Valley Police have just taken on two PCSO's at the age of 16! This could be useful to 'touch base wiv da local massiv', but it raises the questions of how do they go into pubs, or remove vehciles when causing an obstruction? Surely this would tie up more resources.
It just seems rather daft to me, as one of the necessities to that job or any Police role is a bit of 'life knowledge and experience'.
Saying that, you can join the Forces at 16, and also get married, but not legally have a drink or vote.
Most odd.

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
you can tell when you are getting old when................
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 15:09:47 »
perhaps they could patrol parks, and inspect ice cream vans....?
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Offline Sooty

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 15:56:34 »
To be fare a large percentage of the TWOCed motor vehicles are driven by 16 year olds and under so as you say it may biuld bridges between the young ones and the police.
I am sure the right people are watching the situation very closely.
Give them a chance to prove them selves (maybe a little worried about the younger one treading on the older one corns  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )
Just remember LSP in the wild the young cats chase the pray and then the the older ones get to eat first.
Don't be afraid to teach them all you know because then you can sit back and let them do the work while you take the credit, that is the way things are. 8)  8)  8)
Too Much Tarmac
Cheers Bev
http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/sooty/
Discovery V8
Discovery 300tdi
Range Rover V8Efi

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 16:34:18 »
Quote from: "Sooty"
To be fare a large percentage of the TWOCed motor vehicles are driven by 16 year olds and under so as you say it may biuld bridges between the young ones and the police.
I am sure the right people are watching the situation very closely.
Give them a chance to prove them selves (maybe a little worried about the younger one treading on the older one corns  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )
Just remember LSP in the wild the young cats chase the pray and then the the older ones get to eat first.
Don't be afraid to teach them all you know because then you can sit back and let them do the work while you take the credit, that is the way things are. 8)  8)  8)

Wise words indeed, and having taught a few newbies into the job, I know what you mean, but I can still recall at the young age of 24, trying to suggest to a couple old enough to be my parents how to sort their marraige out! Daunting to say the least.

ben_haynes

Re: you can tell when you are getting old when..............
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 23:27:12 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
Police officers or on this case Police Community Support Officers are getting younger!
Thames Valley Police have just taken on two PCSO's at the age of 16! This could be useful to 'touch base wiv da local massiv', but it raises the questions of how do they go into pubs, or remove vehciles when causing an obstruction? Surely this would tie up more resources.
It just seems rather daft to me, as one of the necessities to that job or any Police role is a bit of 'life knowledge and experience'.
Saying that, you can join the Forces at 16, and also get married, but not legally have a drink or vote.
Most odd.

in fairness there are never only one PCSO or both 16yr olds working together so the other PCSO who is over 18yrs will be able to do this and i cant see a problem with someone under 18 entering a Pub or club to persue a criminal just as long as they dont remain in there and consume any alcohol,
i went in pubs and clubs as a kid with my parents and i knew the land lord of one of our locals, my mates kid is 5 and he is always in the pub she works in,

Offline deepender

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 13:18:04 »
YOU KNOW YOUR GETTING OLD WHEN YOU NO LONGER FANCY OLDER WOMEN :shock:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline muddyjlx

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 13:44:00 »
or you find a grey hair where it shouldn't be. :shock:
want modification bits for your suzuki.
www.suzuki4x4mods.com

Offline wizard

Attack Member
    • Cardiff. In the land of our fathers, so i am told
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 14:28:56 »
Mrs wizard was in hospital last week and i swear her doctor was only 12 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wizard :twisted:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal