AuthorTopic: Yey Finally got my Disco back  (Read 530 times)

dazliss

Yey Finally got my Disco back
« on: August 11, 2007, 17:54:57 »
Well Six days after the clutch gave way I finally have the old girl back, good as new. Just gotta get used to the cluth bitting at the bottom of the pedal now instead of the top :lol:

While driving around to day I saw a sign for a "free" air con check. The air con has never worked right since I got the car so I thought lets go see what the catch is. I walked in to the garage and the asked the guy when I could book it in for he said drive it in now and we will do it while you wait. Anyway the mechanic comes up to the car takes off the caps and presses the valves. all that happend was a very faint psssst. I could tell imediatly that there was no gas in the system as I used to work in a car factory and had seen these things filled. He said he would need to do a pressure test to ensure there was no leaks... here comes the catch thinks I, but no he tells me that a complete check will only cost £25 if the system is sound he will purge/ clean and refill the system for £52. I have seen Garages in this area charging three times that price. so I am thinking £80 is a bit of a bargin. Anyway he says he needs 30 mins to run the test and fill so I leave him to it. Half an hour later I walk back just as he is checking the airflow out of the fascia vents and its like being in a blizzard. As he is just finishing up I go into reception to pay the bill. That'll be £52.80 Sir. seems that as I had everything done together I only had to pay the one price.

Thanks Autochoice in Coventry!!!!

Offline vtrdaz

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 18:26:57 »
Oooh where about's are they - my A/C could do with a once over

Daz

dazliss

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 18:40:16 »
Autochoice,
Autochoice House,
Canley Road,
Canley,
Coventry,
CV5 6HB
024 7685 0099

I don't know if this helps but they are right next to the Go Outdoors Camping superstore

Offline vtrdaz

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 18:43:34 »
Now i know where they are! - cheers mate :lol:

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 20:25:57 »
If you speek to ANDY at walsgrave garage coventry he does a aircon check and regas for £47 i would highly recommend him as its a family business thats been there for 30 plus years and is very honest team  ( hard to come by these days )
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

dazliss

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20:56 »
Aggghhhhhhhhhhhh You always find a better deal afterwards :roll:

Does he do MOTs?

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 18:39:10 »
He sure does and he does special mates rates  :wink:  just drop me a pm when you need it doing i will get it booked in for you there is nothing dodgey about them  :roll:  he is very fair and good prices  :D
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal