AuthorTopic: cam belt broken 200 tdi  (Read 476 times)

Offline wany mifes

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
cam belt broken 200 tdi
« on: August 09, 2007, 15:58:52 »
Can somene help please we've broken down in france with the cambelt gone can someone give me the book time for renewal of cambelt only as the RAC have really mucked us around and gave authority for the local garage to strip the ingine down !!!!!! before checking the cambelt which we told them it was !!!!!!I want to make sure we dont get overcharged
any help appreciated
Wany Mifes

200tdi

Offline Sharpshooter

Attack Member
Re: cam belt broken 200 tdi
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 18:17:58 »
Quote from: "wany mifes"
Can somene help please we've broken down in france with the cambelt gone can someone give me the book time for renewal of cambelt only as the RAC have really mucked us around and gave authority for the local garage to strip the ingine down !!!!!! before checking the cambelt which we told them it was !!!!!!I want to make sure we dont get overcharged
any help appreciated

I beleive it is approx 3.5 hours. 4.2 with air con .Hope this helps.

Offline zulublue

Attack Member
cam belt broken 200 tdi
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 18:25:22 »
I don't know the book time, but from very recent experience I would say about 4 hours, alot depending on experience. hope your back on the road soon.

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
cam belt broken 200 tdi
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 18:29:59 »
took me 4 hours to do the last snapped belt on a disco, that included changing a few broken rockers
dan
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

Offline Les Henson

Attack Member
  • Is it supposed to do that?
cam belt broken 200 tdi
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 22:56:34 »
You will have bent some pushrods, but broken rockers are not as common as on the 300 TDi engine, so these might still be ok.  Removing the crank bolt and pulley are always what makes the job more difficult. I would agree with 4-hours if everything goes smoothly, but 5 might be more realistic if things get awkward.

Les.

Offline wany mifes

Attack Member
200tdi cam belt
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 14:23:02 »
Cheers guys that helps a lot and is about what I thought too . But i'm still waiting for the RAC to get prices at this rate is gonna cost thm a hell of a lot of money what with the 2 week hire car, recovery ,repatriation of my , wife and the 5 kids and then having to get me back out here to pick the thing back up it could work out v expensive for them. They should have taken me at my word recovered me to the campsite and a mate was going to come out from the uk with the bits and do it here ( as he's already done a couple) The hire car is costing them £1000 /week !!!!!

Thanks again guys
Wany Mifes

200tdi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal