AuthorTopic: TD5 engine modifications  (Read 1111 times)

Offline africanpete

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
TD5 engine modifications
« on: July 23, 2007, 22:17:08 »
Okay, I now have this daft idea to improve the normal running of my engine, I'm not after huge power gains, just optimising what good-ol LR gave me  

Has anyone modified a TD5 engine? I'm not talking about chipping, egr or that sort of thing, I'm talking polishing and flowing manifolds, better valves, balancing all sorts of bits and just generally making the engine run better and use its power better.

If you have done any ENGINE mods or know of someone that has please let me know, it would be nice to hear of something different

Offline africanpete

Attack Member
TD5 engine modifications
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 18:55:09 »
I take it from all your replies :)  that nobody has done anything like this before, oh well, it was worth a try.

Offline africanpete

Attack Member
TD5 engine modifications
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 20:05:12 »
After not so much research I have found a company which seems like it is for LR cylinder heads what Ashcroft's is for LR gearboxes.

They are called Turner Engineering and are based in Surrey

http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/index.html

This is the sort of modification I was talking about but will still like to find out about manifolds ect.  I don't think this sort of mod will have long term negative effects on the engine at all(unless you take it too far that is).

Will keep this thread going as it's freaking difficult to find info on these types of mods.

Later
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal