AuthorTopic: Price help please  (Read 732 times)

Offline paulmmc

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Price help please
« on: July 17, 2007, 22:04:38 »
Hi,
I'm off to Billing on the weekend and want to sell a couple of bits there, or possibly here, but i just don't know what they're worth. Could any of you tell me how much you think these are worth, or what prices they have sold at recently. (please click on the 'photos' button at the bottom of this post to see pictures of the items (thanks Wolfie  :wink: )

A 3/4 canvas tilt and sticks set for a S3 SWB, in quite good condition as can be seen in the photos. No tears and stored for the last 2 years inside.

A truck cab for S3. It is in alright condition, the channels for the sliding window need replacing and there are various scratches and scuffs on the roof, along with many dents, which of course just adds to the character, all of which can be seen on the photo below.

A pair of driver and passenger 'deluxe' vinyl seats. Both in okay condition, minor tears by the hinges and a couple of minor stains.

Thanks
1981 Series III, Petrol SWB
1987 Rangie 3.5V8 Auto
(Both of the above soon to become one hybrid!)

Offline Bob Ajob

Attack Member
Price help please
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 22:41:07 »
If I weren't terminally skint, I'd've had the deluxe seats off you, and the tilt (already got a truck cab).

3/4 tilt, I last saw one go for approx £40, think was including sticks, supply / demand / price, low demand hence low price, low supply too though, so you could get lucky with a higher price, people can always haggle (though they won't). I was going to look at your gallery, though it's down at the mo... You got any pics anywhere else on t'Internet?

Pair of seats, again supply & demand, like I said I'd have them, though skint, I'd reckon off the top of my head £10 each may be fair ?

Truck cabs seems to be in high demand, window channels are cheap from anywhere so that's not a worry, some people worry about the dents, most do not. I couldn't guess on a price though, as not really watched them closely enough. You'd get more for a truckcab than van sides & roof if that gives you any clue? Somewhere £60 - £100, guessing really.
Amber is a 1971 Series IIa with a 2286 petrol

Offline paulmmc

Attack Member
Price help please
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 15:09:49 »
I just tried to look at the pictures on the link and it's working now. I'm afraid i don't have any pics elsewhere, but i will try if other people can't access the links.

Thanks for the response
1981 Series III, Petrol SWB
1987 Rangie 3.5V8 Auto
(Both of the above soon to become one hybrid!)

Wolfie

Price help please
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 15:17:54 »
Quote from: "paulmmc"
I just tried to look at the pictures on the link and it's working now. I'm afraid i don't have any pics elsewhere, but i will try if other people can't access the links.

How about using the gallery that is available right here.

Click on "Photos" at the bottom of your post, log in, and follow the instructions.

Offline Bob Ajob

Attack Member
Price help please
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 17:18:00 »
Quote from: "Wolfie"

How about using the gallery that is available right here.

It wasn't available when I was posting...

Paul, for you:
Seats

For some reason I thought you just meant the bases, not backs as well.
Possibly about £40 for the pair of whole seats (backs & bases)

3/4 Tilt

Truck cab
Amber is a 1971 Series IIa with a 2286 petrol

Offline tomarse

Attack Member
Price help please
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 23:15:44 »
Quote from: "Bob Ajob"

For some reason I thought you just meant the bases, not backs as well.
Possibly about £40 for the pair of whole seats (backs & bases)

I'm just pricing up new ones from exmoor trim and i think they are about £80 odd each (mag was a year or so old). if that helps you set your asking price. £40 or £50 for the pair sounds like it could be worth a try.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal