AuthorTopic: Trackrod lengths  (Read 495 times)

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Trackrod lengths
« on: July 15, 2007, 15:01:48 »
I have bent my steering again......  I have replacement steering rods but does anybody know what the lengths should be?  I don't have a manual and don't want to spoil my new tyres.
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline Litch

Attack Member
Trackrod lengths
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 20:22:23 »
Over the years I have found that tracking that is even slightly out can have such an effect on tyre wear & handling that I never do it 'by eye' or with a piece of string, I take it straight down to the local garage which check it for free and if it needs adjusting, charge less than £20. Tracking that is only slightly out can scrub thousands of miles off a good set of tyres and cost more in the long run and that is ignoring the handling issue.

I drove it home from the garage last year after having the tracking adjusted following my fitting of some new solid steering bars (at £75 from Green Oval inc TRE's, VERY good value) at I was sure there was something wrong, I had it checked again and indeed they found it was a couple of points out, I could tell because it has always been an excelent handing vehicle but this time is felt slightly 'off'.
ONE LIFE, GET IT!

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Trackrod lengths
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 01:23:37 »
Aye, i'm running a set of junk 205's until it is sorted.  Will be a hassle on the lanes next weekend tho' I reckon.  Surely there is a standard measurement tho'?
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal