AuthorTopic: xmas shopping grr  (Read 4563 times)

jayboy

xmas shopping grr
« on: December 18, 2004, 00:24:45 »
lent landy too wife today ,only to come home from work for my lovely lady to tell thay my 110 does not fit in multi storey car at 15 mph with out lowering roof ,oh merry xmas to me . how easy is the roof  to remove on a county ? and how do i go about it lots of help please jay  :cry:

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
xmas shopping grr
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 09:26:11 »
:oops:

Shouldn't be too tough a job

You'll find it easier if you take the headlining out, remove the wires to the interior lights, etc.

The roof is attached across the top of the windscreen frame with nuts and bolts, and then along the top or the rear tub with a couple of different fixing types.   (All just nuts & bolts)

You will need to remove the rear door too, again, just nuts and bolts and a couple of wires for the heated screen & wiper.

Once you get all the fixings off, the whole thing should llift off.

If you prefer, you can just take the roof panel off, leaving the rear sides in place.   If this is the case, leave the bolts on to the top of the tub, and instead find the bolts along the top of the side panels.

Hope this helps.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jayboy

xmas shop
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 11:48:15 »
many thanks sounds lot more easy than i first thought ,i take it that the roof lining is just held up by grip plugs ? and do i need to take the sunroof out or just the sunroof trim to remove the roof lining ? many thanks for the help .

Offline dazzawhipple

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
xmas shopping grr
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 14:19:55 »
take the trim of around the sunroof under that there will be 4 or 6 clamps which hold the liner in place

by the way it took me about 1 day to replace roof and sides on a 90
G'Day
Landcruiser 2004 , 4.2 Straight six, Diesel, Roo bar, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, UHF, Roof Consul, Rear Drawer storage system, 50mm Lift

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal