AuthorTopic: Starting the engine tomorrow!  (Read 578 times)

Offline 90sam

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Starting the engine tomorrow!
« on: July 01, 2007, 17:46:17 »
Hey,
I'm starting to convert my n/a to a tdi out of a defender tomorrow. I just wondered if anyone had any tips as it will be my first engine change ive got a friend helping me and accsess to lots of tools! Any advice on what to watch out for? Would anyone be interesteed in some pictures or have you all got enough!
Kind Regards
Sam

Offline sas pinkie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Starting the engine tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:07:23 »
It is a piece of we we...... Everything is just straight bolt on or plug in..... other than the main fuel line. One of them will need the end changing (opposite sex on tdi to the N/A but cant remember which, think it was the fuel return to the tank). you can either change all the fuel line (not an option for me as my engine came from 110 and went into a 90), or easiest is to just heat up the plastic pipe carefully and slowly, and then pull ot the old end and push in the new, then cool it as quick as poss. Practice on the pipe that came from a donner. It takes a little time to perfect it but I have done two conversions now using this method and have never had any probs with it.

The only other prob is you will have to alter the exhaust mounting points if using the 200tdi exhaust, but that is it...... no real hassle, the last one I changed I did in four hours.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal