AuthorTopic: an hour to find..................  (Read 352 times)

Offline muddyjames

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
an hour to find..................
« on: June 28, 2007, 21:06:16 »
nothing.

My wobbly sterring problems are annoying me and people keep moaning at me that I havent greased me nipples for over 18months and that greasing the nipples on the steering joints maybe a source of the problem. So today after work I went to 5 shops to find a grease gun. Eventualy found one at a tractor dealers!! As you do when you live in the country side!! :lol:

after getting it home and loading the cartridge (never had a cartridge loading one) push the button on the top by accident and it releases the spring which hits the now open cartridge with a huge force propelling it onto the kitchen worktop and ejecting a load of grease all over the work top and mobile phone and car keys  :twisted: Lesson learnt. load the gun in the garden!!! :lol: I nearly un screwed the wrong end too and as I unwound the barrel I thought I could hear a spring being twisted. Quickly tightened that back up before a spring in me eye!!

anyway

now with loaded gu I went under the disco and looked for nipples. I moved my self to a different position to look, then in another and so on for an hour. I found NOTHING. so I rang me mechanic and he said "there arent any to grease. Only a rare few have grease nipples on 2 steering joints."  :twisted:

Well I had to use my new toy on something so I greased my caravan break overdide hitch system by the coupling head!!!

And to kill time I have put the grizzly claw tyres on ready for the wekend. What a fun 2 hours drive that will be humming tomorrow to my mates house!!!! :lol:  :roll:

So the mystery of the wobbling and tyres rubbing still exists and worse with different tyres on.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 21:33:35 »
Oh well, you might as well do your prop shafts now you've got it :)
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 21:46:32 »
just bought a new front prop due to siezing up with not being greased. may do the rear at some point!  Need to do the shocklink tow bar too at some point.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal