AuthorTopic: jeep top trumps  (Read 1178 times)

Offline lucky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
jeep top trumps
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:46:01 »
I don't normally go in for the whole my cars better than your car sort of thing, but my mate has invited me to a landrover off road event. Run by a landrover club that I used to be a member of.

So i know i am going to get a load of stick about now having a jeep instead. I am much happier with my jeep, it is faster more comfortable and more luxurious etc. etc.

But i was hoping that you lot out there might have some usefull technical spec's that would out do the landy boys to hopefully give me some ammunition against them when i come under a barrage of Jeep moching jokes

I know my N reg XJ has a limited slip rear diff that the landys dont have and i am pretty sure the 4lt hp engine is more power full.....

Any other pointer would be much appeciated so i can go and proudly fly the Jeep flag at this prodominatly landy event

Cheer Lucky  :D
V8 Rangie
2" lift
Pro Comp 4" shocks
33" mud terrains
Ashley Motorsport exhaust
polly bushed
castor corrected radius arms
lpg
K&Ns
and MUD

plus stock Isuzu trooper

Grand Cherokee

Offline UKJeeper

Attack Member
jeep top trumps
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 14:36:51 »
Mark out the turning circle of your XJ, and invite the Series owners to try and beat it...  :wink:

I'm in a similar situation. I've been beating on the local LROC's door for 3 years, and they have finally opened it (a crack). Apparently now i can enter TYRO's, etc. However i can't be scored "as its a LR event, under association rules"... :roll:

Still, its a step in the right direction.

Offline lucky

Attack Member
jeep top trumps
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 11:12:16 »
our local LROC is bound so tightly is rules that they hardly ever have any actual fun !! :roll:   most people join the club for 1 year and are soo dissapointed they then leave and join other clubs sometimes miles away.

i like to see the best in every vehicle. and dont normally go in for this sort of thing, but i think their blinkers need taking off and they need to realize othre vehicle can go off road apart from landrovers

after all we all want the same thing, to have fun off oad and to get muddy :lol:
V8 Rangie
2" lift
Pro Comp 4" shocks
33" mud terrains
polly bushed
lpg
K&Ns
and MUD

plus stock Isuzu trooper

Grand Cherokee

Offline UKJeeper

Attack Member
jeep top trumps
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 11:19:52 »
Quote from: "lucky"
our local LROC is bound so tightly is rules that they hardly ever have any actual fun !! :roll:   most people join the club for 1 year and are soo dissapointed they then leave and join other clubs sometimes miles away.

i like to see the best in every vehicle. and dont normally go in for this sort of thing, but i think their blinkers need taking off and they need to realize othre vehicle can go off road apart from landrovers
after all we all want the same thing, to have fun off oad and to get muddy :lol:

You sir, are NOT a true Land Rover owner!  :shock:

Thank god for that!  :wink:  8)

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
jeep top trumps
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 20:08:06 »
I have had a XJ, lovely motor but not even close to my 90 offroad, had a rubbish turnin circle aswell.............
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline lucky

Attack Member
jeep top trumps
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 10:29:33 »
Don't get me wrong i really like landrovers, i was just thinking that the Jeep XJ must have one or two specs that equal to or are better than some landies. Just wanted to try and find out so i can hold my head up at the land rover events.

Sorry if i have offended any one :oops:  this was not an attenmt to berate landrovers in any way what so ever.
V8 Rangie
2" lift
Pro Comp 4" shocks
33" mud terrains
polly bushed
lpg
K&Ns
and MUD

plus stock Isuzu trooper

Grand Cherokee