AuthorTopic: front shaft  (Read 2918 times)

Offline bombx3

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
front shaft
« on: June 24, 2007, 16:32:52 »
Hi all just broke front short shaft are they easy to get hold off and are they big money.Got away lightly, first thought my diff had gone
 defender 200 tdi. 59,000m ,winch .spots,front rollcage,rear internalcage,snorkel,undersealed,polybushed,tweaked motor,roof tent ,muds ,noise reducers,stainless exhaust,3"lift+4 shocks,chequered plating,12 change cd ,cb,sound proof kit,sunroof,landrover carpet,wading kit.hilift jack,rock sliders jackable,axle breather kit,folding forward facing rear,roof rack to carry roof tent, seat,electric seat warmer.tilt meter,full stainlees exhaust,fire exstingsher thatcham alarm ,immobolizer , fsh and only used on sundays once a month,now 38" boggers,wide ange props,4pin diff ,ashcroft shafts,qt steering bar ,winch

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
front shaft
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 16:59:59 »
cheap as chips & easy to get hold of

just depends on what ur motor is
what age,brakes,drive flanges etc all help narrow it down
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
front shaft
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 17:24:18 »
got a stack of 10 spline front shafts here
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 17:27:41 »
i havnt counted them yet ,just took out diff as the last inch was stuck in now its pi..ing down work halted
 defender 200 tdi. 59,000m ,winch .spots,front rollcage,rear internalcage,snorkel,undersealed,polybushed,tweaked motor,roof tent ,muds ,noise reducers,stainless exhaust,3"lift+4 shocks,chequered plating,12 change cd ,cb,sound proof kit,sunroof,landrover carpet,wading kit.hilift jack,rock sliders jackable,axle breather kit,folding forward facing rear,roof rack to carry roof tent, seat,electric seat warmer.tilt meter,full stainlees exhaust,fire exstingsher thatcham alarm ,immobolizer , fsh and only used on sundays once a month,now 38" boggers,wide ange props,4pin diff ,ashcroft shafts,qt steering bar ,winch

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 19:07:10 »
it has ten splines,by the way i am in Devon

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • lampeter, west wales
front shaft
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 19:36:22 »
got mixed up slightly

was thinking of cv joints

theres 2 types of the top o my head 10 spline inners & 23 spline outers & 10 spline inners & 24 spline outers
Mike

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 19:52:31 »
ummm thats messed me up i got 10 on diff side i havnt pushed of cv yet because of the rain ,i surpose i will have to go back out bash it off as i was getting one tomorrow  and have a count up just showered as well

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 20:00:31 »
10 and 32  does that seem standard

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 21:21:19 »
10 and 32
hmm
is the 10 spline bit big or fine splines ?

http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • lampeter, west wales
front shaft
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 21:22:13 »
Quote from: "TheBlueySilverThing"
10 and 32
hmm
is the 10 spline bit big or fine splines ?

its gonna be big & fat you donkey

you only get 2 choices of diff

10 or 24
Mike

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 21:25:00 »
nar....theres a fine spline 10 spline shaft
ive got living proof in my shed u donkey
btw...are ur smiles showing mike ? mine aint showing :-(

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 21:27:25 »
10 on diff and 32 on cv

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • lampeter, west wales
front shaft
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 21:27:40 »
i dont use smilies

leaves the abuse to you waaaaaaaay open to interpritation

get the picture up of it then you rooster
Mike

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 21:33:13 »
you boys have lost me i defintley got 10 and 32

Offline muck_truck

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 21:43:07 »
Are you not counting the splines on the end of the cv joint ?  that sits inside the drive flange.

You need to get the shaft out if the cv joint and count them splines.
Dan.

Defender 90 200Tdi
www.muckytruckin.co.uk

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 21:58:03 »
Quote from: "muck_truck"
Are you not counting the splines on the end of the cv joint ?  that sits inside the drive flange.

You need to get the shaft out if the cv joint and count them splines.

Umm done that bashed of cv and on the shaft is 32 splines and 10 on the diff side .I havnt counted the ones on the cv flange bit only the long shaft

Offline muck_truck

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 22:06:29 »
your almost right  :lol:

ive just looked on paddocks and they sell half shafts with either 23 splines or 33 splines at the CV end.  but the again who knows who's right cause its a land rover  :roll:

unless its a typing error of paddocks site and it should say 32  :?:
Dan.

Defender 90 200Tdi
www.muckytruckin.co.uk

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 22:17:00 »
It proberly is 33 i just cant count

Offline bombx3

Attack Member
front shaft
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 17:14:53 »
got it today 10 and 32 will fit if it ever stops raining

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal