AuthorTopic: spooky speedo....  (Read 465 times)

Offline electricbluebadger

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
spooky speedo....
« on: June 23, 2007, 22:26:23 »
I have a problem... My speedo is absolutely cock on when measured against my GPS....unusual for a landy I know..... especially as im running 33x12.50x15's, the problem is that although the speedo is very very accurate the tripmeter and mileometer read more than 150%...ie i do 2 miles it says over 3????????, not a problem you may say but I'm limited to 5000 miles a year so it will be a major issue.

The speedo shows both MPH and kph...has anyone ever seen a speedo that reads mph as the main reading but the mileometer is kph without any indication??? as if not Im stuck??? why is it doing this???

the vehicle is a non military originally bog standard TD, still on its original TD gearbox, cable etc etc.. never looked when it was on the road before but assume uits always been the case???

any suggestions....

will be comparing kilometres on the gps trip meter to kilometres on the trip meter tommoro...

Cheers Steve

Offline Boddle

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Boddle on Xbox
    • Coventry UK
  • Referrals: 1
spooky speedo....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:08 »
Is your speedo trip actually measuring Kilometres? that should work out 5 mile equals 8 kilometres (not far of 2 to 3).
 EC regulation states all speedo should have KPH on dating back to early 90's.

If it is it's likely that the KPH will be more dominant (bigger or more obvious and on the outside mph inner) than that of the MPH.
 Speed generally read 10% above the speed you doing on standard tyres EI if you are speedo says 70 you actually only doing 63. your tyre size increase will have removed that.
 Be warned the tolerance is only 1 way (10% above not below the speed you are doing), A speedo that reads below speed is Illegal within the EEC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal