AuthorTopic: Cataclean??  (Read 10056 times)

Offline sogster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Cataclean??
« on: October 16, 2003, 18:08:23 »
Hi there folks,

Has anybody used or any information on a product called "Cataclean". I saw the product on "Shop America" (Satalite shopping channel).

Its supposed to reduce emissions and smoke by upto 60%, clean all through the feul system and it will also by all accounts bring your turbo back to life!!. Its a duel fuel product and their web based spec makes impressive reading.

I would rather hear from someone who has used the product and get a real report on how good or bad this product is.

Thanks,    Sogster.
1998 50th anv Landrover Discovery Tdi      S834 FVC.

23 ft Swift Challenger 490se 2000 model

Previously owned,
1991 Landrover Discovery Tdi 5 door,        H529 KWK.

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
Cataclean??
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 21:19:49 »
<cynical mode="on">

60% reduction in emmissions ?  

Sounds a little far-fetched to me.   A bit like the miracle cannisters which sit in the fule line and make your car go much better

</cynical>
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline peggle

Attack Member
Cataclean.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 10:44:49 »
:D

I've used it and found it really does work.

I have a 1996 disco 300 auto with 76k on the clock and when I first put Cataclean in, after 4 days I felt a difference in how the engine revved - smoother and more responsive.
I was sceptical with their claims so, I got my local MOT garage to do their 'smoke test' befor I used it (they have a 'Rovacom' test setup) and after 5 days the lambda sensor showed an improvement.

I've ben using Cataclean for 2 years now and have been pleased with the results.

I still get the occasional blue smoke form the exhaust on heavy acceleration but this is 'normal' 300tdi ...........

Offline sogster

Attack Member
Cataclean
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 17:21:51 »
Thanks Peggle,

Its always nice to hear good reports of a product from someone who is not out to seel or gain by the product.

How often do you treat your fuel system with this product.

Cheer's Sogster.
1998 50th anv Landrover Discovery Tdi      S834 FVC.

23 ft Swift Challenger 490se 2000 model

Previously owned,
1991 Landrover Discovery Tdi 5 door,        H529 KWK.

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
Cataclean??
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 18:04:31 »
hey Sogster  whereabouts in northanst are u??
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline peggle

Attack Member
Cataclean
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 13:32:59 »
No more than once a year.

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
Cataclean??
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 17:40:06 »
So, where does it go ?  It's a fuel tank treatment I assume ?

I can understand improvements on an old engine if it's cleaning the injectors and so forth.  I still don't buy a 60% reduction in emissions.

Also, if it's a fuel additive, how is it 'bringing the turbo back to life' ?  The turbo never makes any contact with the fuel.

Sorry if I sound negative, but if this is just a fuel system cleaner then save your pennies, and buy a bottle from your local auto-parts supplier for a couple of quid.   A decent system cleaner will most likely improve engine running and power delivery if the engine is getting on in miles, just by getting rid of the crud.  This in turn will improve emissions and reduce smoke by virtue of the fact that you are probably getting better combustion.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline peggle

Attack Member
Cataclean
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 18:01:47 »
Used/unsued fuel and emissions are 'recirculated via the EGR process on the later Disco's so it my be apparent in this 're-burn' cycle.

The web site explains much better than I can.

It does seem to have cleaned my 'cat' though. !!!!!!!

Offline Scambuster

Attack Member
Re: Cataclean??
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 12:16:42 »
Hi there folks,

Has anybody used or any information on a product called "Cataclean". I saw the product on "Shop America" (Satalite shopping channel).

Its supposed to reduce emissions and smoke by upto 60%, clean all through the feul system and it will also by all accounts bring your turbo back to life!!. Its a duel fuel product and their web based spec makes impressive reading.

I would rather hear from someone who has used the product and get a real report on how good or bad this product is.

Thanks,    Sogster.

CATACLEAN ANOTHER FUEL ADDITIVE SCAM

CataClean

The fuel additive company CataClean makes remarkable claims; they are now trying to break into the American market after ripping of many people in the UK. Investigations by the ASA into Cataclean  have found the company's (CataClean Global Ltd & System Products (UK) Ltd which is run from a small porter cabin in Liverpool) marketing plan is fraught with false and misleading statements, which the ASA started to  investigate after receiving many complaints," read the full report at http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_41571  The Director Ross Baigent has a history of fuel additive company scams and is linked to a major fuel additive fraud in Australia, Firepower run by his business partner Tim Johnston. So beware [-X

Offline spy

Attack Member
Re: Cataclean??
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 21:55:50 »
I dont buy he 60% figures or any of that rubbish any more than I do on any other product.  We use cataclean at work though and it definately does have its place.  Cars failing on emmisions with symptoms of a knackered cat will often pass after a cataclean and a reasonable drive.  Its not a miracle cure, it wont fix a knackered cat / turbo / lambda sensor etc but its far from useless. 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:05:01 by Frankie-Boy »
110 2.5 Petrol LPG powered
Discovery 300tdi - Sold to Sooty
Discovery 200tdi  - SPY - SOLD
Series 3 - XUXY - SOLD :(

www.landyworld.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal