AuthorTopic: 'Green' & 'Cops?'  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Bush Tucker Man

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« on: June 20, 2007, 14:36:43 »
"Heads Up!"

Tonights TV

BBC 2  @20:00 - 21:00 'It's Not Easy being Green'
Dick, James & Jim revisit some of the projects that have been previously mentioned.
I, for one, can't wait to see the timber framed house that the (Paeds?) Consultant & his wife have been building...

BBC 1  @ 21:00 - 22:00 'Traffic Cops'
Always an interesting programme, as it's not sensationalist like 'Police Camera Action', & allows the officers side of the story to be told
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 18:11:46 »
i like watching traffic cops.... :) purely coz its local :)
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 19:25:37 »
Can't watch Traffic cops tonight .......... the new series of Rome is on :shock:  and it's a repeat anyway :lol:
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 20:17:40 »
Sort of busman's holiday for me, plus the fact I would get narky watching it! :evil:

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 20:56:13 »
can anyone record it for me please? I'm ging to be asleep when it is on. In 5 minutes time!!! Yeah I know Im a light weight!
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 21:02:23 »
Well Richard, I watched the Green programme and I think you were right.................he definately put bio diesel in the td5 :shock: so now I'm wondering..........hmmm :wink:
NBH LOC

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 21:18:33 »
Quote from: "sleeplessparadise"
Well Richard, I watched the Green programme and I think you were right.................he definately put bio diesel in the td5 :shock: so now I'm wondering..........hmmm :wink:

Yes, I think I'll e-mail Dick via the 'INEBG' website & ask him what Land Rover said about one of their 'press-fleet' being bio'd
(well, I'll guess that it's not his own?)

I'm a bit narked that the wooden house wasn't shown :x

Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
Sort of busman's holiday for me, plus the fact I would get narky watching it! :evil:

Perhaps so?
I was talking to one of our local Traffic Officers earlier in the week, & as we spoke he was the traffic divison for Wakefield!!!

I mentioned the book 'Wasting Police Time'
Lo & behold!, his wife had bought him it!!, he found himself agreeing with it.
I think it was going to do 'the round' of his collegues :lol:
Richard A Thackeray 

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 21:27:39 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"
Yes, I think I'll e-mail Dick via the 'INEBG' website & ask him what Land Rover said about one of their 'press-fleet' being bio'd

Let me know if you do and if you get a response :wink:
NBH LOC

Offline Dave_

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 21:31:08 »
i swear iv seen this traffic cops 'episode' before   that hyper active bloke who got hit by the bike is sooooo familiar
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE
Slowly getting brighter!

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 21:39:51 »
Quote from: "Dave_"
i swear iv seen this traffic cops 'episode' before   that hyper active bloke who got hit by the bike is sooooo familiar

Saving it for tomorrow morning whilst eating breakfast at 04:30 :lol:

Helen; Will do!
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Dave_

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 21:45:20 »
4 30??

i will have been working for 30 mins by then :P
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE
Slowly getting brighter!

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 22:02:08 »

I know how you feel... However this is filmed in Hampshire and I look forward to seeing PC Shagg-Pyle or perhaps you are a skipper or higher! :shock:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 22:02:32 »
Quote from: "sleeplessparadise"

Let me know if you do and if you get a response :wink:

There's always this forum;
http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=26
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 22:13:53 »
Quote from: "Boggert"

I know how you feel... However this is filmed in Hampshire and I look forward to seeing PC Shagg-Pyle or perhaps you are a skipper or higher! :shock:

Me on the Box? not if I can help it! I'm not a media seeker! As for being a skipper, there is no chance of that! In one of my appraisals I was called 'maverick' (made my decisions without running to the sergeant) and 'a loose cannon'(told customers exactly what I thought of them) who has a relaxed attitude towards his work (didn't bother to meet the quotas but used discretion) and dress that is idealy suited to rural policing ( a black fleece, no tie or hat during the summer and a black Russian style fur hat during the winter) but may be looked upon as unorthodox in an urban situation. I was quite pleased with that, but was told by my 'line supervisor that I should look upon those comments as something to work upon. :wink:

Offline CaptainColourful

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 01:50:57 »
Quote from: Lord Shagg-Pyle
Quote from: Boggert

Me on the Box? not if I can help it! I'm not a media seeker! As for being a skipper, there is no chance of that! In one of my appraisals I was called 'maverick' (made my decisions without running to the sergeant) and 'a loose cannon'(told customers exactly what I thought of them) who has a relaxed attitude towards his work (didn't bother to meet the quotas but used discretion) and dress that is idealy suited to rural policing ( a black fleece, no tie or hat during the summer and a black Russian style fur hat during the winter) but may be looked upon as unorthodox in an urban situation. I was quite pleased with that, but was told by my 'line supervisor that I should look upon those comments as something to work upon. :wink:

Quotas ?  You mean those things that the Govt. deny exist ?

As long as you nail proper villains and make the public feel protected against scrotes then I say well done and forget trying to earn points by reaching targets or quotas to prove to those above that you're doing a "worthwhile" job.
TD5 ... Disco Classic Country (Oz import)

What credit crunch ? I started with nothing and still have most of it left !

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 07:25:19 »
Quote from: CaptainColourful
Quote from: Lord Shagg-Pyle

Quotas ?  You mean those things that the Govt. deny exist ?

As long as you nail proper villains and make the public feel protected against scrotes then I say well done and forget trying to earn points by reaching targets or quotas to prove to those above that you're doing a "worthwhile" job.

Dear chap! Quotas? Of course they don't exist because that would be wrong! However there are things called 'Performance Indicators', if you get what I mean! :wink:  :wink:

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 07:34:50 »

There's always this forum;
http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

I don't think I could cope with another forum :o  but I may sneak a peek :lol:
NBH LOC

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 07:57:32 »

LOL I've one of those Russian wolley hats... I swapped the cap badge for a red star, funny seeing peoples faces when talking to them they think you are the KGB LOL
 :lol:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 14:43:33 »

Me on the Box? not if I can help it! I'm not a media seeker! As for being a skipper, there is no chance of that! In one of my appraisals I was called 'maverick' (made my decisions without running to the sergeant) and 'a loose cannon'(told customers exactly what I thought of them)

Whoo-boy!
I bet your forces Diversity Training Officers also love his Lordship & yourself :lol:

I'm just glad we don't possess such a un-necessary person at our NHS Trust.
However, I think I'd be placed in the naughty corner at any meetings if we had one :wink:

I once got into trouble for asking the Chairman Of The Non Executive Board (a Peer of the Realm) during one of his 'shop floor tours' whether he wanted to know what we really thought, or what we thought he really wanted to hear.
Note the subtle difference in the wording.

I spent the afternoon cleaning blood-stains off the exchanged spinal-boards after that :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Admittedly he's a nice guy as I'd seen him in the grounds before (ID badgeless), but I knew who he was & was very down to earth as he was an ex-Miner

He wanted to know what we thought, even if management didn't!

Oh, plus I got a 'rollocking' off a Consultant once for putting out a fire in the department
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 14:50:18 »
'Boggert' & 'Lord S-P'

With due regard to the 'Wasting Police Time' & 'CoppersBlog' that I've previously mentioned.

Is there, or do any of your collegues, know of a 'blog' by any Traffic Officers??, as that'd undoubtedly make good reading!!
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 18:08:03 »
I write a blog but tend to leave the crap I get at work out of it and I'm not a traffic officer so it would be dull reading!

However my Mate was in a very scary pursuit yesterday, we all tuned in our Airwaves to listen, Christ could you hear the stress on his voice as they chased an Audi at over 100MPH, bloody car eventually hit a pedestrian and crashed, luckily said pedestrian only broke a leg and was fine... the driver and passenger were caught but sadly not hurt!
Makes for good listening but not good for my colleagues who will be suspended and face an investigation as a bystander has been hurt... sodding politics. Its still classed as a POLAC (Police accident) even if the car they are chasing hit some one or crashes.

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 19:38:43 »

LOL I've one of those Russian wolley hats... I swapped the cap badge for a red star, funny seeing peoples faces when talking to them they think you are the KGB LOL
 :lol:

Did you have the matching AK47 to go with it?
A couple of guys at my old nick used to have 'American Cop days'. This entailed dealing with everybody they met in fake Yank accents. It was hilarious to listen to, especially when they were on the radio. They would 'write a citation for a moving traffic violation' as opposed to issuing a ticket, having asked someone to 'git outa ya automobile, boy, an' assume the position. I wanna see all ten pinkies on the hood, ya hear?'.
The best bit was when they would patrol while playing the harmonica and singing blues songs over the PA system.
There was never a complaint though, most of the public thought it was hysterical.

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 19:42:43 »
I write a blog but tend to leave the crap I get at work out of it and I'm not a traffic officer so it would be dull reading!

However my Mate was in a very scary pursuit yesterday, we all tuned in our Airwaves to listen, Christ could you hear the stress on his voice as they chased an Audi at over 100MPH, bloody car eventually hit a pedestrian and crashed, luckily said pedestrian only broke a leg and was fine... the driver and passenger were caught but sadly not hurt!
Makes for good listening but not good for my colleagues who will be suspended and face an investigation as a bystander has been hurt... sodding politics. Its still classed as a POLAC (Police accident) even if the car they are chasing hit some one or crashes.

My sympathy goes out to the pedestrian and your oppos', Boggert. Not a nice position to be in, when all he was doingwas what he was  trained to do. No doubt the Press, local MP, council members etc etc will start jumping up and down.

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 20:30:38 »

My sympathy goes out to the pedestrian and your oppos', Boggert. Not a nice position to be in, when all he was doingwas what he was  trained to do. No doubt the Press, local MP, council members etc etc will start jumping up and down.

Not good!
Especially when he's doing the job he's meant to be.
Unfortunately it's the scrotes who get away scratch free :twisted:

It's never good when 'Joe/Joanna Public' get injured

As for the local MP, innocently point one of the local 'twoc-ers' in the direction of said MP's Jaguar or whatever he drives & see who he supprorts then......................
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
'Green' & 'Cops?'
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 20:33:17 »
Cheers... His wife is a bobby at our nik and she went as white as a sheet...

Seriously, it really bugs me... the two guys chasing the stolen car are putting their lives on line, driving like that is not all fun and games, luckily I've never had to do it but I have done commentary and its bloody stressful, and the end result is to be suspended. Its just not right.

Oh yea... give me an AK47 and I could cure most of the burglaries and all the ASB in our town.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal