AuthorTopic: 04 jimny question  (Read 1013 times)

skip

04 jimny question
« on: June 15, 2007, 17:14:56 »
My mother inlaw has and 04 jimny, thing is the Check light came on and she returned it to the garage to have the work done.

What they said was that the tappets where mal adjusted and causing a missfire and so bringing on the check light.

My question is do those little engines have traditional manual tappets or hydraulic. The reason I ask is the garage are trying to get out of paying for the work despite it still being under warranty.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline daveford

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
04 jimny question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 17:31:20 »
Dunno whether they are manual or hydraulic but if they are saying they are mal adjusted and no one has tinkered with them since new, and it's still under warranty. STAND YOUR GROUND  :twisted: . Threaten them with Trading Standards etc. they should do they work, they'll try anything to weasel out of it.

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
04 jimny question
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 17:41:10 »
Forget it under warranty:

Warranty is there to protect the customer from issues of sudden breakage or failure, caused by material or manufacturing defects.

Valve clearance is a service issue and an adjustement(screw and locknut) and as such would be chargeable.

Basically, routine maintainance.
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

skip

04 jimny question
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 17:50:26 »
Well the funny thing is that the motor was running lovley and quiet, so there are 2 possibilities.

1. At the last dealer service they let the apprentice adjust the tappets and he screwed them down to far, (unlikley! because I know what dealers are like and they wouldn't go near them unless it was rattling, as possibly not even then)

2. A faulty hydraulic tappet that was not maintaining pressure so not opening a valve properly.

Either way they're liable because it's been dealer seriviced up until the last interim service, which would not require a clearence check!

They just come up with any excuse :roll:

Offline colin

Attack Member
04 jimny question
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 00:01:03 »
change your dealer mine seem to fix all under warrany they even changed the rear box i bent off roading down the lanes
Jimny
Colway MT's (for off road use on SJ rims)
Champion winch
TCB-880 CB

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal