AuthorTopic: Look what I got...  (Read 1511 times)

gords

Look what I got...
« on: June 11, 2007, 15:58:17 »
I have been trying to sell my Discovery just recently and someone offered to do a direct swap for this! It's a 2000/W 1.8 XEi with 90K miles.

I wasn't necessarily looking for one, but it seemed like a good trade so I went for it :)  It's nice to drive and (seems to be) in very good nick. I've only driven it twice since getting it on Sunday - I took it along a short and what I thought was a very gentle lane (easy in the Discovery). However, it scraped the ground while driving some ruts. The central box of the exhaust looks very low!?

So, the question is, do I keep it or move on to something else (can - worms - open  :wink: )

Offline Steven

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Look what I got...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 17:15:37 »
Nice! Why not keep it if you hanv't already had one and experiment with it?

They can look quite good when all done up for offroading I think!

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
Look what I got...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 22:01:07 »
The mad freelanders website has a ready reckoner for wheel and tyre sizes to give your freeby extra lift without resorting to a lift kit.  I enjoyed my freeby but it got to the stage where I needed a bigger car (stepdaughter and 2 grandkids :roll: ) so I had to change it to a D2.

If it hasn't got a parcel shelf then try www.powerfuluk.co.uk  They do one for about £160 delivered. It is a genuine 20 minute job to fit.

gords

Look what I got...
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 22:56:50 »
I've seen / heard about mad freelanders before - how "active" is it? It's a shame that you have to pay!

I have also seen the rigid parcel shelf already :wink:  They also have a cheaper version on e-bay at £99!

I seem to remember lifting a Freelander is different to, say, a Discovery - anyone got details of how, what's needed, etc?

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
Look what I got...
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 23:22:26 »
link here http://www.mad-freelanders.org.uk/

You can register for free. It is a very active site with quite a few laning forays. There is always plenty of folk who can offer advice/pictures of any modifications you can think of

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Look what I got...
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 14:34:43 »
Quote from: "gords"
I seem to remember lifting a Freelander is different to, say, a Discovery - anyone got details of how, what's needed, etc?

There is a thread here about lifting a Freebie. I have one of the 50mm Celtic4x4 kits sat on my desk in front of me..... had it for ages, but not yet got round to fitting it  :roll:
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

gords

Look what I got...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 14:57:19 »
Quote from: "V8MoneyPit"
I have one of the 50mm Celtic4x4 kits sat on my desk in front of me..... had it for ages, but not yet got round to fitting it  :roll:

Do you want to sell it?  :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal