AuthorTopic: cluck or click?  (Read 658 times)

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
cluck or click?
« on: May 31, 2007, 23:23:10 »
I have developed a clunk! as the body on the Range rover rolls from side to side there is a clunk as something gives under the weight of the body roll, it seems to be coming from the nearside front. I have air, and have resently removed both anti roll bars (for more articulation.... not sure if this theroy works with air surspension!) it is like a coil spring relocating after dislocation....... I think........ but I have no coils, I have tryed to re create it on my drive but to no avail!

has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks Jonny

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
cluck or click?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 01:01:19 »
I'd have said the anti roll bar end links, but without them possibly the panhard rod bushes that are now what controls body roll.

Do you get better articulation without them?
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
cluck or click?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 23:41:31 »
I think the klonking is the bushes in the pan hard rod so will have to get that sorted soon, I'm thinking of sticking with Genuine land rover replacements as I from what I have heard polly bush don't seem to be that good?

what do you think?

As for weather or not I have more articulation........ I have no Idea!!! I did try a crude test i.e. driving up a bank and it did seem to be slightly better.... but I'm not sure, and as it felt a little wobbly towing the trailer the other day I think they will be going back on!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
cluck or click?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 20:20:34 »
with EAS I'd put them back on.  The big arguament about them is obvioulsy the lack of articluation but the RTI for a RRC is virtually the same with and without them on a standard car which yours is, obviously on Blue with a 2" lift it's a different story but the LSE is more like yours.

Another arguament is that the anti roll bar, whilst not stopping articulation will lower the contact pressure on the wheel that's drooping.  Well EAS has a trick up it's sleeve.  If you get stuck whilst cross-axled the EAS will force articulate the car, ie re-inflate the drooping bags and drop the compressed ones if you stay stationary for 30 seconds.  Cool 8)

Given how good the car can be on road with ARB fitted I'd say put them back.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal