AuthorTopic: Whats it called?  (Read 973 times)

Offline Welshbreed

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
  • Referrals: 0
Whats it called?
« on: May 29, 2007, 18:36:13 »
I've now stripped both my landies of 99.9% of their body work (except for bulkheads, one front wing and one "side runner"?)

BUT what is the actual name for the "side runners" (that connects to the tub and the base of the bulkhead on swb models) as I have broken 3 of them (on two landie's of course...) trying to get them off.. also, how do you get them off...without breaking them?

It looks like there WAS a nut, but I am not sure, as it has no destinctive nut features, other than it sticks out and is covered in rot.

thanks in advance for any help. (and yes, i know i need to buy a parts cataloge... and a spel checker :P )

Offline Les Henson

Attack Member
  • Is it supposed to do that?
Whats it called?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 19:38:06 »
Are they alloy? If so - they are called sills, and are supposedly held together by small nuts/bolts (7/16" (11mm)) The next part in is a steel frame strip that has a rubber riveted to it for the bottom of the door seal and a 90deg bracket where it attaches to the rear tub, and a different bracket that should have two bolts that secures it to the bottom of the bulkhead door pillar.

Les.

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
Whats it called?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 20:32:48 »
aye thats it the steel galv. bit the sills are off already, but the actual frame thing, i cannot get to the "nuts and bolts" (if thats what they are, as i said their hightly corroded and are ungrippable with anything I have) without damaging the bulkhead pillar

Offline Les Henson

Attack Member
  • Is it supposed to do that?
Whats it called?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:06:32 »
They are called 'sill channel' and part numbers are 330380 (right hand), and 330381 (left hand). The angled bracket that connects them to the rear tub is a seperate item.

Les.

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
Whats it called?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 14:45:12 »
ok cheers for that. will probably need 4 me thinks...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal