AuthorTopic: 200 or 300tdi?  (Read 414 times)

Offline muddyjames

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
200 or 300tdi?
« on: May 26, 2007, 18:53:29 »
From behind my disco it could now be hard to see if my disco is a 300 or 200tdi :D

I have now put 200tdi rear clusters in and do they look awesome or what. all the lights are so much brighter and clearer! Also I think it is the FIRST job on the disco I would class as being easy. Yeah they still took me about 3 hours to do but I'm not quick at jobs and like to do it right in my own head, as I have hdone a few jobs I have had back fire on me and some that could have caused a fire!!!

All I need to do now is plug the holes in the bottom of the disco where the wiring loom went out the bottom to stop river water going in when going through floods and fords!

Anyone got any idea on what the wires on the passenger side going out the floor and heading towards the diesel tank and over it the length ways all the car? There are 2 or 4 wires in the plastic sleeve. Can these be rerouted EASILY inside os just put a plate over them and silicone them into the hole?
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline petergalileo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
200 or 300tdi?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 23:09:17 »
only 3 wires go to the tank, all in one loom, theres a wire for the pump power, sender level and an earth.

You could route the wires along the edge of the carpet, behind the rear seats and then in the middle of the rear floor then a grommit through the sender cover plate to the top of the tank.
1996 300TDi Discovery ES - Java Black, Stainless Bullbar, Electric folding mirrors, TD5 Steering Wheel in Beige - Doesn't get muddy !

Freelander 1.8 Xi - LR Bodykit, Light Guards.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal