AuthorTopic: MARKER LIGHTS  (Read 492 times)

Offline deepender

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
MARKER LIGHTS
« on: May 22, 2007, 13:47:40 »
I am fitting some truck marker lights to the td5 (LED) and am not sure of the wiring.
Do i just pass a live straight through all three lamps, as using both wires live to live and connect the positive by passing the lamps??. I will be scotch locking straight off the sidelights :roll:

Confussed.com :D

Tim

Offline Boddle

Attack Member
  • Boddle on Xbox
    • Coventry UK
  • Referrals: 1
MARKER LIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 14:16:28 »
I assume these are built units rather then individual LED as individual LEDs need ballast resistor but most built units already have them.
Ballast resistor reduce voltage to about 2.0-3.5 depending on LED
Red 2.0 green 3.0 blue ultra violet 3.5

if you need any help calculate ballast resistor
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/ledcalc/index_eng#

if you have built unit you need to wire in parallel (view parallel circuit on above link) wire across live and negative as you would a normal 12v bulb but unlike 12v bulb you are unlike to need a fuse upgrade because LEDs take little current. Yes you should be able to link more than 1 unit across the same connection, it take hell of lot of LED even to the same current as a 3watt bulb
 You just have to make sure you wire live to live side and negative to negative LEDs (Light Emitting Diode) only work one way but it shouldn't harm them if wire wrong first as they would act like an open switch

Anybody interested
Supplier of LED replacement bulbs I use (sidelights indicators, brake and tail)
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/

Offline madmatt

Attack Member
MARKER LIGHTS
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 20:43:03 »
Scotch locks are the work of the devil splice solder and insulate, scotch locks will give all sorts of problems in years to come.
Land Rover Defender 130 with Hyd winch and Log splitter, also has just the odd light here and there!!!

Offline Litch

Attack Member
MARKER LIGHTS
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 22:03:44 »
"Scotch locks are the work of the devil splice solder and insulate, scotch locks will give all sorts of problems in years to come."

Agreed, do it once and do it right. :D
ONE LIFE, GET IT!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal