AuthorTopic: Police again  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Highlander1

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Police again
« on: May 20, 2007, 22:38:50 »
Hi All

As a newby to this site I have been looking at loads of topics, seems the police have a strong presence here.

I can't understand why !!

Police usually end up in the brown sticky stuff at work.

They deal with it every day.

They deal with those who throw it around.

So why the bloody hell do they spend their days off playing in it.

Cheers Highlander1 :lol:
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Offline Lee_D

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 22:43:10 »
It's comes with the job...

..and all the toys too.  :D
Currently : ' 03 Range Rover Vogue TD6 Auto, '90 110 CSW TD
Previously : 101 Ambi Prototype, Jaguar powered IIa Auto , '83 RRC , '90 RRC , '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
Re: Police again
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:05:08 »
Quote from: "Highlander1"
Hi All

As a newby to this site I have been looking at loads of topics, seems the police have a strong presence here.

Hear, hear, Highlander1. Welcome to the MC. :wink:

Offline Cassillis

Attack Member
Re: Police again
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 20:15:38 »
Quote from: "Highlander1"
Hi All

As the saying goes H1 'Were always in it, it's just the depth that varies'

least you can decide your own depth in your land rover  :lol:
Graeme
Avise~La~Fin

Offline richo

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 18:36:35 »
I find that there are alot of police that ride sports bikes to.Just go's to show that they are just like us really.Hats off to you guys i could'nt put up with the crap you get from the scum bags you have to deal with sometimes.
Jesus was a carpenter but god was a plasterer.

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 08:58:57 »
The problem is some people think just because you out in a Police uniform you become a stuffy do gooder... Its not like that we are human. I love my cars and 4x4's always have always will. Policing is just another job some people love it some are just working out their time for their Pension... Some bits I love some I hate its like any other job.

The difference between us and you guys is, with you...

The customer is always right

with us...

The customer is always wrong... :wink:  :lol:

Thats a joke by the way!LOL
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 13:12:30 »
Quote from: "Boggert"
The problem is some people think just because you out in a Police uniform you become a stuffy do gooder... Its not like that we are human. I love my cars and 4x4's always have always will. Policing is just another job some people love it some are just working out their time for their Pension... Some bits I love some I hate its like any other job.

with us...

Careful mate, PSD will be after you! Free thought and a sense of humour will not be tolerated! They will drag you off to HQ for Political Correctness Re-Education!

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 13:29:33 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"

with us...

Careful mate, PSD will be after you! Free thought and a sense of humour will not be tolerated! They will drag you off to HQ for Political Correctness Re-Education!

LOL isn't that the same as "diversity training"

For the benefit of the tape or anyother skipper... I do not normally have a sence of humour, I just let it drop this once :cry: I'm truly sorry... I shall not laugh in public again....

he he he :lol:Do you think I got away with it?
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 15:37:38 »
Thats it! You're doomed! Rubber Heels are already plotting up on you! Your locker will be turned over and all bits of Job notepaper will seized as evidence!
Zis sort of behaviour VILL NOT BE TOLERATED!! Ve do not care if you are good at your job, ve vill prevail!
U vill now report to Room 101 for extended periods of brain washing unt intensive diversity inputs! If you are lucky we may let you continue as a ............................'Diversity Trainer'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cassillis

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 18:07:37 »
Policing is just another job some people love it some are just working out their time for their Pension...

Oh Yes indeedy!!!! \:D/

1367 days to go, not that i'm counting :lol:
Graeme
Avise~La~Fin

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 21:55:11 »
[!Expletive Deleted!].... 4475 to go :shock: now I'm feeling depressed!

Right now, I brassed of going to issue a section 59 later ... baaaah humbug! :twisted:

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 21:59:30 »
13 years, 7 months. I can't be bothered to try and work it out to the exact minute, but am I looking forward to getting that pension! That is of course old Adolf Brown hasn't taken it away!

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 22:10:57 »
He will have sold it to the lowest bidder and it will be worth 10% of what it is now.... oh god Boggert look on the bright side why don't you!

Offline lyndon

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 22:16:29 »
Checked with a Pension forcast excel sheet someone sent me last week. If the gov drop our pay rises by just .5% between now and and my retirement in 14 yrs time it will mean £10,000 difference in my payout. Not happy !!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 22:17:00 »
Come the Revolution!

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 22:19:15 »
Come the Revolution!

I'll drive the bus... :lol:

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 22:25:41 »
I'll hold the red flag, and run in the opposite direction!

mad geordie

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 11:43:38 »
police are only human they like everything we like, yes there are some tossers who wear the uniform and go power mad but there are good and bad in every job, i,m a taxi driver and pick police officers up and they say" i couldnt do your job!" lol
i would love to be a copper for a few days lol
they do a good job and i respect them even when they give me three points for running a amber light not red but amber! lol

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Re: .
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 13:23:59 »
Quote from: "mad geordie"
police are only human they like everything we like, yes there are some tossers who wear the uniform and go power mad but there are good and bad in every job, i,m a taxi driver and pick police officers up and they say" i couldnt do your job!" lol
i would love to be a copper for a few days lol
they do a good job and i respect them even when they give me three points for running a amber light not red but amber! lol

Why don't you become a Special...?

mad geordie

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 13:59:10 »
lol it will never happen mate i grew up in a very rough estate and i,m well known and know every1 lol  if you know what i mean it would make life so hard for myself and my famaily, if anything happened straight away it would be my fault,
and i have a criminal record ( fighting) long story .... no proud but whats done is done

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 14:33:57 »
look on the bright side,  whilst there's not a wondrous prospect ahead for pensions and pay rises, at least we're not likely to be making many redundancies any time soon..

Although, that might be a bad thing :(
--

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Re: .,
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 17:28:01 »
Quote from: "mad geordie"
lol it will never happen mate i grew up in a very rough estate and i,m well known and know every1 lol  if you know what i mean it would make life so hard for myself and my famaily, if anything happened straight away it would be my fault,
and i have a criminal record ( fighting) long story .... no proud but whats done is done

Thats a shame... I know what you mean could cause problems for you family... I've been lucky no problems at all, but I have a friend who has suffered badly, she almost quit sadly her family were not supportive.
I have a lot of respect for the cabbies where I work, they have helped me out from time to time, and as for ferrying drunks about at the weekend!!!!! how you do it I'll never know, bad enough having them vomiting in the cage of the van on the way to custody!

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 20:12:17 »

That's the one job title that thankfully doesn't exist at our Hospital........ yet.
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 20:38:26 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"

That's the one job title that thankfully doesn't exist at our Hospital........ yet.

it'll happen BTM, and a whole department will be built up round along with support staff and a whole IT section to deal with it! :roll:

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
Police again
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 20:51:01 »

whole IT section to deal with it! :roll:

thats where me and my computing knowledge comes in  8)
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 20:52:29 »

it'll happen BTM, and a whole department will be built up round along with support staff and a whole IT section to deal with it! :roll:

If we do get one, I reckon my 'card will be marked' (along with several of my cynical collegues)

Why would we need this garbage to tell us what we already know; 'Treat Others As You Would Like Them To Treat You' (which is the bottom line, along with good manners - which cost nothing)
Doubtless they'd tell us we were wrong??

I think I'll join this organisation & wear their badge to any possible (hypothetical at this stage) meetings.
Sorry........ discussions :roll:
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 21:10:33 »
I think I would receive 'extra special re-education' if I went into work with one of their badges on!
I was 'strongly advised' about going on the 2002 Countryside March by my old Force, as it could 'have serious ramifcations on my future career' due to the possible political links. Needless to say that scared me and I went with several other colleagues and had a great day out
This is what gets me about all this PC stuff. Basically it is censorship as the link from BTM suggests.

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 21:35:41 »
I think I would receive 'extra special re-education' if I went into work with one of their badges on!

I'll take a wild guess that they'd be banned by our Trust, or I'd be given the reconditioning course
(a bit like 'Clockwork Orange', with the eyelids held open???)

I was 'strongly advised' about going on the 2002 Countryside March by my old Force, as it could 'have serious ramifcations on my future career' due to the possible political links. Needless to say that scared me and I went with several other colleagues and had a great day out
This is what gets me about all this PC stuff. Basically it is censorship as the link from BTM suggests.

Why should your outside interests be of such an interest to your 'superiors?

After all if you joined the Ramblers Association, would they advise you of their criminal activities (ie; their roots in mass-trespass on privately owned land??)
Or would they tell a WPC that she couldn't join a Womens Institute, as it may possibly have links to Civil Disobedience? (hasn't it got historical links to the Suffragette Movement???)

I've just been looking at some of the comments on 'CAPC' site. This one made me grin
 :lol:
I worked for a while as a labourer on a building site in West Yorkshire. At the start of my time working there I had to attend a health and safety talk and run down of the site rules. So far so good they are dangerous places to work.
Towards the end of the talk the issue of workmen not being allowed to remove their tops or to shout or whistle things at female passers by was addressed.
Health and safety joining the force of political correctness in mutual smug satisfaction. I smiled and nodded and signed the paperwork confirming I would comply and then went to work.  

After about 90 minutes I was called to the site office to discuss my behaviour.  I informed the management that I had broken no rules and they finally had to admit defeat and reluctantly I was allowed back to work.  

Wait for the 'punchline'

Once working I continued to work wearing just my bra (on top) and heckle male passers by to the delight of many and the frustration of the other workers.  
Being female I feel I struck a blow for their ridiculous attempts at political correctness and would beg any builder or building company out there to remember that being whistled at is a compliment that can make someone's day not an offence to half the population.
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 22:09:51 »

We have diversity training at the Hospital I work at. A foundation Trust in Salford. They like to bang on about peoples rights and if some one is violent to a member of staff then that person is Red carded (Oooooooooh) All this means is the next time they get admitted to A&E they are fast tracked through the department to get rid of them.

A patient was getting mouthy with me and eventually tried to punch me, unfortunately  for him I was in the middle of an acrimonious divorce and was having a particularly bad day. Patient was stretchered back to his ward and I felt much better until I got carpeted by HR. I argued my case and there was no further action.

With diversity training they should tell the patients and visitors that they should speak to the staff in the same manner that they want to be spoken to - they might get a bit further

Offline Highlander1

Attack Member
Police again
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 22:15:42 »
Good on ye mate.

Summary justice

We should start giving these scum a bit of their own medicine it's more effective.

You get a round of applause from me.

top man. =D>
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal