AuthorTopic: trip to England  (Read 781 times)

Offline Highlander1

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
trip to England
« on: May 19, 2007, 11:31:11 »
Hi

I have just come back from Great South of England-shire. I jumped on my bike to visit a mate 596 miles away who introduced me to the deepest country in his Discovery which was fitted with winch, rock sliders, high jacks, ground spikes etc etc.

I didn't realise there was such fun to be had riding round the country side.

I'd gone down on my bike to save fuel OK it only took a few arse numbing hours but when I arrived I was p*** wet through cold and very numb.

I'd used about the same in mpg as I would have done travelling in the Surf." I forgot how much fuel bikes guzzel on motorways"

The surf would have taken me 3 times as long but I'd have been dry could have slept in the back and would have something to play with on the dirt tracks while I was down there with my mate.

The bikes speedo broke and battery was knacked so it sat in his drive all week till I could get the parts.

I think at this time of year I will leave the bike in the garage from now on and do my visiting by Surf.

As the old saying goes never cast a cloot till May is doon and oot!

I had no Idea that you could travel from one side of deepest England-shire to the other by way of farm tracks from field to field.

Jon Knew all about the countryside codes of practice, we weren't tearing up the place  I was just given an insight into what 4x4 off roading is all about.

Marvelous.

Both bike and Surf have there places but I am seeing another side to this off roading thanks jon for a brilliant week.

In North West we have deep peat  bogs which are suited to Argos and trails bikes not 2 tons of truck.

Cheers Highlander1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal