AuthorTopic: Brake problem  (Read 764 times)

Offline craftycarper

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Brake problem
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:58 »
Got another series 3 the other day as a new project to play with and before i get it up in the air to start tinkering i thought i would ask for some advice on the brakes.The P.O had a qualified fitter where he works fit new cylinders, linings and also a new master but after bleeding the system it seems the front brakes (maybe only one) are binding to the degree that the motor slows itself down as you ease off the gas. If you undo a nipple they obviously freewheel fine. Gonna get the wheels off today and  have a butchers.

Offline The Landy Guy

Attack Member
Brake problem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:02:38 »
email

www.landroverseries.biz

theres an email address on there, he will be asble to help you with anything!

TLG
Series Rule!!!!

1970 Series 2A SWB(89-inch) Truck Cab

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
Brake problem
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 13:30:47 »
Check the adjustment and that the return springs are properly located.  I've had this problem, and it turned out to be that a flexi hose had deteroirated and perished inside and had contaminated the brake cylinder.  Said brake cylinder then seized over time as the dissolved rubber compound turned to sludge and damaged the smooth internal surfaces of the cylinder.

Offline craftycarper

Attack Member
Brake problem
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:45:53 »
Cheers for that, didn't get much of a  chance yesterday as i was otherwise tied up. Could only get one nut off the nearside front wheel so i take it that is where the problem is as it did get a bit hot on the journey home. The offside wheel nuts came off ok, so i will attack it with a long bar and some heat when i am off shift next...will keep you posted....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal