AuthorTopic: help needed in Leeds  (Read 336 times)

Offline redhand

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
help needed in Leeds
« on: May 14, 2007, 14:27:21 »
HI I'm looking for someone who knows his discos to give mine the once over and see if he can figure what the clonking noise is that seems to be coming from the rear of the Disco. I think it's rear A frame bush or propshafts but need a 2nd opinion.

As well as taking it for a bit of a spin to see what he/she thinks of it and to spot any problems I've missed or am just not aware of. Any help would be greatly appreciated
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk/
www.landyzone.co.uk
www.landrovernet.com
www.mig-welding.co.uk

1987 TD90 Hard Top

I haven't got a clue where I'm going. But God Help Them when I get there..

Offline xmob

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
help needed in Leeds
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 19:36:45 »
I'm definately not the most qualified to help, but:

When does the clonking happen?  Is it all the time, when taking up drive, overrun, braking etc.

I don't know what sort of Disco you have, but if it's one with an LT77 gearbox it might be that.  Chock the wheels and climb underneath with the handbrake off and the car in gear.  Grab the rear prop shaft and try to turn it.  Before I replaced my gearbox I could get a full 90° of rotation.
Clyde 2.0 - Disco 200tdi
Bonnie - Freelander TD4 ES Premium

Offline RichardRRC

Attack Member
help needed in Leeds
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 23:55:01 »
Hi there redhand,
I'm in Wakefield if I can be of any help let me know, and I've got my own four post ramp :wink:
How many of the 4x4response guys do you know? If you know any of the Disco Owners Club members that are in the 4x4response team, and you were at driffield then we may have met allready :)
D3 Tdv6 SE
Disco SII V8
2 V8 RRCs
V8 Cobra replica

Offline redhand

Attack Member
help needed in Leeds
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:51:51 »
Quote from: "RichardRRC"
Hi there redhand,
I'm in Wakefield if I can be of any help let me know, and I've got my own four post ramp :wink:
How many of the 4x4response guys do you know? If you know any of the Disco Owners Club members that are in the 4x4response team, and you were at driffield then we may have met allready :)

all offers gratefully accepted. Wasn't at Driff as I had the flu. I've been out greenlaning with Mike from Hulll 4X4 and I've met the Dave the lad who ran the forum till last week. But I don't know any of the response team. Untill I've got the disco sorted theres not much point in joining though I do keep an eye on the forum.
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk/
www.landyzone.co.uk
www.landrovernet.com
www.mig-welding.co.uk

1987 TD90 Hard Top

I haven't got a clue where I'm going. But God Help Them when I get there..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal