AuthorTopic: Timing Belt 1.8i?  (Read 791 times)

Offline BrumLee

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Timing Belt 1.8i?
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:40 »
Is there any way to tell whether a manual or automatic timing belt tensioner is fitted, or is it a case of removing the covers to find out? Wanted to order a belt on-line with some other parts and without knowing what's fitted means part striping and then refitting till parts arrive  :roll:
Lee from Brum

Offline carbore

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Timing Belt 1.8i?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 22:28:28 »
Hello,

I know that on the Elise which uses the same engine, its 11/98 when the change happened, so if yours is a year either side of that you could take the chance that rover made the chaneg on that date, but it may depend on who Landrover/Lotus stocked stuff (if you get no other info)

Alternativley go to a LR main dealer with your Engine no and VIN and ask for a price for the part, when they quote it ask if its manual/automatic and get the rover part no to be sure then say ill think about it (bit cheeky) .

Side note, if you need a manual one then I have one that I bought for my elise but then engine was aq gonner and I now have no nbeed for it. Yours for £20 + postage (if you paypal) email david@homespotters.co.uk

Good luck.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal