AuthorTopic: New Car - Iminent!!!  (Read 278 times)

Offline chris.hunt22

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
New Car - Iminent!!!
« on: May 06, 2007, 21:40:33 »
I am thinking of getting myself a super saloon to replace my Audi, a neighbouring business man at work has leant me his car for a week and offered it me at an unmissable price.

I have had it since Saturday morning and i'm gobsmacked by it, its a 2001 Mercedes AMG E55, it has a 5.5 litre V8 through an auto box, tuned up to 420bhp and hits 60 in about 4.5 seconds, I have been to barrow today and back (about 120 miles) and averaged....wait for it....29 MPG!!!!  I can't believe it, my Audi is up for sale as of next weekend I have got to have this car, the paint work is mega rough though (typical early '00 mercs), every stone chip has blistered up and it has had a slight knock on the n/s/r but I will beable to get it done for about £400 at work.

Anyone else on here ever driven one of these beasts?? 8)
'If in doubt, give it a clout!'

1996 Discovery Tdi XS Bright Red
Loads of mods - NOW GONE :-(

2000 Discovery Td5 ES Manual - soon to be chipped!!

Offline fudge

Attack Member
  • Green Oval Recovery... Chl 30 Shout Help Im Stuck!
New Car - Iminent!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 21:49:20 »
Yep and I have a 00/X and a 05/54 CLK 55 for sale right now, the E-class from that era Rot like a month old peach! get it PROPERLY inspected!

I know of a 320 CDi that crashed cause a front suspension strut came through the bonnet!

Talk to a MB repair centre, they'll be best to look at the car, not a dealer, their body centre....

I honestly wouldn't touch an E from that era with a barge pole!

Anyway, whats an unmissable price and Mileage / History & Spec

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
New Car - Iminent!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 22:14:34 »
Wouldnt mind one of them!!  But what in gods name made you wanna go to Barrow!!!

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline chris.hunt22

Attack Member
New Car - Iminent!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 17:57:04 »
took the family to the wildlife park, pi$$£d it down all afternoon, the car has 145,000 miles on but full MB service history....all for £6500 to me, just seen one exactly the same (but 60K and mint) for £16000 on autotrader!!!  Planning to do it up, kep it for 6 months or so, make loads opf cash on it and buy an Alpina or M5 BMW.  Car looks structualy sound just usual blistering on body from stone chips and small prangs etc.
'If in doubt, give it a clout!'

1996 Discovery Tdi XS Bright Red
Loads of mods - NOW GONE :-(

2000 Discovery Td5 ES Manual - soon to be chipped!!

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
New Car - Iminent!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 18:13:40 »
Quote from: "chris.hunt22"
took the family to the wildlife park, pi$$£d it down all afternoon, the car has 145,000 miles on but full MB service history....all for £6500 to me, just seen one exactly the same (but 60K and mint) for £16000 on autotrader!!!  Planning to do it up, kep it for 6 months or so, make loads opf cash on it and buy an Alpina or M5 BMW.  Car looks structualy sound just usual blistering on body from stone chips and small prangs etc.

Err The Audi 90 is just starting to blister and has about 10 years on that. Ex boss had one and it did go like stink, IIRC he traded it in for a Brabus'ed one which was even quicker.

Surprisingly the Audi 90Q thrashed the AMG in every way except straight line, I found the handling was awful and it kept lining up on bushes/trees/gates/oncomming traffic on the twisties.

I would get it looked at though, I had the same Experience with a Lotus and when I took it to a Lotus garage the guy knew the car's chassis number almost off the top of my head and told me to drive it right back to the vendor as they knew the car of old.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal