AuthorTopic: new to a pajero , strange fault  (Read 1275 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
new to a pajero , strange fault
« on: May 03, 2007, 07:28:41 »
hello,  ive just bought a mitsubishi pajero exeed from the auctions for a £1000 and the only problem is there you cant drive them , they are bought as seen  
and on the journey home when i started it up , on the dash display theres a picture of the 4 wheels and when you turn the ignition on the rear wheel lights are lit all the time and the front wheel lights are just flashing and wont stop flashing  , ive put it in 4wd and the front wheel lights light up permenently  but when i put em back they flash
has anyone had this problem at all  , im sure it should just drive in 2wd with the 2 rear green lights on
also im missing somthing off the front bumper it looks like it had somthing bolted to the top of it like a bull bar , but the last owner must have taken it off     any one   got   one    to    sell   me  
thanks

Offline alaric

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:04:11 »
The problem with the 4wd lights is a well known one.

The Japs (and probably a lot of Brit owners) never use the 4wd, and so the actuators get a bit sticky and don't move smoothly.

It's not the indicators that are faulty, the flashing lights are telling you that the system has not disengaged (or engaged) properly.

You don't say which model you have, but the odds are that you have a MK2 or newer with the Super Select 4wd system (2H-4H-4HLC-4LLC on the transfer lever). If so you can change between 2H-4H and 4HLC at up to 60mph (but don't ever use 4HLC OR 4LLC on tarmac). The lights should only flash briefly until the system gets sorted out.

If not, don't drive with the lights flashing - shift back to 4H - then when you have the chance, disengage again, drive slowly forward and then reverse for 3-4 car lengths. This pretty well always works.

If you regularly shift between 2H and 4H it will get easier every time.

You may well have a similar problem with the orange diff lock light in the centre of the 4wd lights - the same applies, but as previously stated don't drive on tarmac with the diff locked.

You must be stationary with the gearbox in N to change down to low range.

Hopefully this is clear enough...

Alaric.
"Act your shoe size, not your age..."

2012 Subaru Outback

Offline markyd

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:22:38 »
Have a look on flea bay for the bumper cover, there's always a few on there

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 20:55:56 »
yes thanks its an mk 2 1993 k plate exeed , ill try it tommorow , its a good job you told me , ive been up to 60mph like that for about 2 miles to my house in 2wd with the lights flashing , ill let u know how i get on , cheers

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 19:52:34 »
ive tried that and it didnt work , i rang a few experts local to me and they said it was 2 vaccumm unit on the inner drivers side wing , theres 2 units with a blue dot and a yellow dot , i changed them for 1 i found at the scrap yard and they went out , but as soon as i put it into 4wd and back again it started flashing again   any ideas    
it went for its test today and the guy said it was defiatly not stuck in 4wd as it had the brake test , it flew through  just need some new 31 " tyres anyone got any 4 me    thanks j

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal