AuthorTopic: lift kit question???  (Read 1307 times)

Offline cherokee sliders

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
lift kit question???
« on: April 22, 2007, 21:16:58 »
hi i have a 4.0l petrol limited edition cherokee 97 plate i would like to jack it up 2/3 inchs i not sure what would be the best height and i would like to get biger set wheels on it as well i not sure what size to put on it i have another cherokee for parts ect..

i also have a steam problem occuring under the bonnet after going offroad any ideas wb plzzzz!!!??
csjp

Offline minimog

Attack Member
lift kit question???
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 22:34:48 »
procomp do a couple of lift kits for the cherokee but i think the largest is 3" which they say is good for upto 31" tyres but theres nothing stopping you getting the 3" lifted springs and putting the 2" budjet lift on the front and larger shackles on the rear should give you 4.5-5" lift  but then you going to have driveline issues
other that that your into ordering from the states or getting your backside slapped by a uk company importing it for you
WHAT UR ASKED WHEN YOU OWN A MOG
"What the f**ks that"
"where do you take it"
"Why has it got a merc star on it"

Offline Mort

Attack Member
lift kit question???
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:03:17 »
An Old Man Emu kit will take you up 2 - 2.5" and allow you to run 30" tyres off-road.  You won't need to think about re-gearing either.

As  minimog says you can go a lot higher, but then driveline vibrations become a problem, which means a bigger spend, and if you go bigger than 31" you'll definitely need to think about re-gearing, which is yet more money.  The OME kit comes with a Transfer Case drop kit to cure the vibrations, and the performance and engine braking you lose will determine whether a re-gear is required.  You can fit up to 31 x 10.50 tyres on the standard rims.

Just decide what you what to do with it, what size tyre that will require, and the suspension lift size will follow from that.

The steam from under the bomnnet might be something a simple as the radiator fins being clogged with mud.  Try a hosepipe from behind the radiator (not a pressure washer, as that will damage the fins) to clear the crud.  Also worth checking that you haven't got mud in the cooling system via the expansion tank.
It's life Jim, but not as we know it!

Offline thepsychoman

Attack Member
lift kit question???
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 20:43:17 »
We ran a 3.5" Rubicon Express kit on our 4.0 Cherry for several years. Great bit of kit, good ride on road and excellent articulation off road. Works great with 31/10.5s. Miles better than the Procrap stuff - didn't sag at all despite lots of serious abuse. Talk to Steve at FTE for more details.
It aint what you drive its the way that you drive it...

Offline BigSi

Attack Member
lift kit question???
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 14:57:38 »
I second that!  :(contented):  :(biggrin):
“I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison.”

Offline v8bubba

Attack Member
lift kit question???
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 22:53:31 »
me two as they do seem good
squeal piggy

BIRTYS GLAD TO BE BAD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal