AuthorTopic: SWB V6 Shogun advice.  (Read 1747 times)

marjan

SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« on: April 16, 2007, 19:33:48 »
Hi all, a mate of mine (who doesn't have a computer) has asked me to ask some advice on buying a SWB V6 Shogun. He has about £3500 to £4000 to spend and says it must be an Auto box.

Are there any weak spots on these motors that we need to look for and as he doesn't want to buy private are there any dealers that you would recomend in the Yorkshire area.

Thanks,

Mark (and Rich).

Offline more x 4

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:03:14 »
hi mate,tell him to get a pajero rather than a shogun,most paj's are autos :wink:
then as to engine size,avoid the 3.0,go for the 3.5,it's cheaper to run and the engine is bullet proof.

as to dealers in the yorkshire area? check out the dealers section on www.pocuk.com that wil be a handy place for him to go when he wants to know about all the toys and switches too :lol:
the two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity

home of the flying pajero
with red ali///art mudflaps

marjan

SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 15:32:56 »
Thanks for that but I'm a little puzzled as to why the 3.5 is cheaper to run than the 3.0?.

Offline more x 4

Attack Member
SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 18:24:42 »
why are landy's seen rusting by the side of the road? :shock:  nobody knows it's just one of those things :lol:

the 3.5 is a much more efficient engine,more powerful too :wink:
around 225bhp from the standard 3.5 :D

marjan

SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 19:28:38 »
Quote from: "more x 4"
why are landy's seen rusting by the side of the road? :shock:  nobody knows it's just one of those things :lol:

You don't need to convince me mate. I had a 2.8 Shogun (see pic) and I nearly cried when I had to let it go  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Offline auto

Attack Member
SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 21:02:31 »
I got a 3.5 Shogun auto. Does 25mpg which is good really guzzles when you boot it though as you would expect. Has 260bhp, plenty of pull to annoy the boy racers!

The fuel consumption is better due to the power to rate ratio. Bigger engine size, more torque, less power needed. With this one, if for example you are cruising at 60 with a caravan on the back and you climb a hill, you dont need to move your foot, it uses the torque to climb up! It just stays at that speed! To give you an easy example lets go book averages here. Shogun 3.5 does 25mpg. A freelander 1.8 does 14mpg. This is purely due to imbalance of the ratio. The freebies engine is revving harder and working more to maintain speed thus uses more fuel.

Things to watch are rust underneath if its been abused, seized brake calipers which can get pricey, Thats about it really! Do also check axle (rear) on all shoguns and pajeros as they do have a history of snapping on the weld. Rare but it happens - check regularly!

Other than that great cars...i would sell mine for a landcruiser or a patrol, other than that i will stick with her! I do know of a mate who does have a 3.5 for sale. Not sure if its the same as mine cos mine is a special edition which queer cream leather! lol! But might be leather!

Offline more x 4

Attack Member
SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 17:13:56 »
auto,what did you do to yours to get it to 260 bhp?

Offline Suvvey

Attack Member
SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 18:43:38 »
It's too late now james :roll:

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
-- Winston Churchill--

'93 Defender 110 County

Offline MrShogun

Attack Member
SWB V6 Shogun advice.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 13:00:21 »
some pajero 3.5s have 260 bhp, seen a couple on ebay, maybe gdi shape with MIVECS but not evo style!

matt

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal