AuthorTopic: Buying a shogun possibly?  (Read 907 times)

Offline Boggert

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

mad geordie

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:38:07 »
looks canny cheap aswell, ask him when the timing belt was last changed and was the balance belt changed aswell, smell the auto box fliud make sure it dont smell burnt, check the colour of the g/box oil should be a redish , or pinky, if black or very dark brown it will smell burnt and a sighn that the box is in trouble
check for oil leaks and condition of oil, also check the idle arm make sure it aint bent commen problem but for that price you cant complain

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Buying a shogun possibly?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:50 »
Thanks for the advice It looks like I've sold my Zuk, should know on Tuesday for sure.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Offroader

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 20:30:42 »
Yes agree with other comment  :D .........and check to make sure that the 4wd system is working correctly especially in low range as I found that if the vehicle has had little use off road the selector jumps out of low range. :shock:  This happened to me on two shoguns I test drove before buying the one I'm driving now. :wink:
Shogun 2.5TD SWB

Offline Mudlark

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 21:44:23 »
I would allow to change both cam and balance belts regardless of what the dealer says but you could always remove the top timing belt cover to check yourself - I personally wouldn't touch it if the balance belt was missing.

showing the balance belt intact

balance belt missing

Other tahn that forget what mad geordie said about the gearbox cus that's only for auto boxes

The other thing to watch out for is rust on the chassis on the rear around the back axle/wheel arch area.

Oh yes a problem I've just had is a worn cam shaft - but that's at 200,000 miles

Click the pic get my NEW site

1988 2.5td manual Shogun SWB

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal