AuthorTopic: OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT  (Read 545 times)

Offline 90Mike

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT
« on: April 08, 2007, 21:58:09 »
Hi guys been offered a old man emu 2" lift with heavy duty turrets rear castor correction arms and front radious arms with correction bushes fitted for £350 does this sound like a good deal or a little bit over priced also i was offered a scorpian winch bumper and steering guard for £260
what do you think are the prices abput right or a little too high.
cheers
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline Disco-Ron

Attack Member
OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 22:07:18 »
If new, then good-ish prices i would say, if secondhand, then they'd have to be in really good condition.....
gone from 200tdi.... to 300tdi... still with loads done to it, in fact, even more than the last truck...LOL!!!

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
Re: OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 22:11:58 »
Quote from: "mikes mud monster"
Hi guys been offered a old man emu 2" lift with heavy duty turrets rear castor correction arms and front radious arms with correction bushes fitted for £350 does this sound like a good deal or a little bit over priced

Yes thats a good buy if it includes the shocks as well. OME is the best 'basic' lift kit about. I've had mine fitted for 5 years now and I'm still on the first set of shocks. No sag from the springs either.

Bit confused by 'rear castor correction arms'. I think you mean that they are 'kinked' to remove the stress on the chassis bushes due to the lift.

BTW, castor correction bushes are junk and you'll have to keep replacing them. I haven't got any castor correction on the front of my 2inch lifted Disco and while the steering is less than positive it isn't undriveable. Some people report different results. Personally I'd fit the lift kit and then see what you think when you drive it afterwards.

Search this forum for discussions about castor correction......there is more than one way to skin that particular cat :)

HTH

Offline Disco-Ron

Attack Member
OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 22:14:54 »
Indeed, castor correction can be done via bushes, QT type arms, or 'cranked' standard arms.... aka Bullfrog's!!

Andy, were you at Matchams today?? twas a good day!!
gone from 200tdi.... to 300tdi... still with loads done to it, in fact, even more than the last truck...LOL!!!

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 22:20:17 »
Quote from: "Disco-Ron"
Andy, were you at Matchams today?? twas a good day!!

Yeah. Battered blue Disco. Indeed it was a good day. :)

Offline Disco-Ron

Attack Member
OLD MAN EMU 2" LIFT
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 22:25:35 »
Ah..... i recognise the name now!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal