AuthorTopic: that yellow knob  (Read 791 times)

Offline landroverkeith

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
  • Referrals: 0
that yellow knob
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:00:08 »
:evil:  right now then the v8 has been standing since i bought it in july at billing except for a 5 mile trip to the new house mmmm and she did sound nice running heheh

Anyways i now cannot get the 4 wheel drive selector to stay locked down  :evil:  is it just a case of keep working on it with a can of wd40 and some muscle ??  i can push it to what i would consider all the way down with some fair resistance but just keeps coming back up.

also i have twin tanks fitted under the seat box and when switched to the passenger tank it leaks like a thing with a lot of holes in it lol the guy i bought it off told me it needed a new line connecting but on inspection its leaking from back of the switch at the jubilee clip... ive done it up pretty tight but to no avail anyone have any very helpfull ideas :) as its technically summer now and i have a need to drive to work in my v8 gas guzzling smelly old landy lol
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

Offline Robbo

Attack Member
that yellow knob
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 17:10:59 »
I know sounds silly, but if the red lever is towards (low box +4x4) you the yellow will not stay down.

If red is away from you (high box) and yellow still pops up then the linkage is probably at fault - you might see it under the driver side floor.
Daisy SWB series 3 station wagon, 1975 and pretty in mud

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day

Offline landroverkeith

Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
that yellow knob
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 18:17:55 »
yup thought of that :) it wont stay down in either position and yes i can see it through the floor but.... all i can see is that its a bit of metal that moves with the knob up and down lol
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal