AuthorTopic: Part Number Required  (Read 879 times)

Offline Mike1975

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Part Number Required
« on: April 02, 2007, 15:09:52 »
Hi, hope someone can help me :?

I'm after a part number or a place to buy a bit that I sheared a bolt in at the weekend.  It's a small bracket that holds the drivers side front wing onto the bulk head at the very top.  2 bolts go through the bulkhead and 1 onto the wing top.  It's the whole bracket I need the part number to.

Also need a part number for the strip of bolts that tie the wings to the radiator.

Any ideas?

Failing that has anyone got a part catalogue for a Series 2a/3 they can email?

Offline The Winfrows

Attack Member
bracket
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 20:13:54 »
try paddoc at matlock
If it aint broke , brake it  so you can mend it.

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Part Number Required
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 20:49:12 »
Dont know about the part number for the bracket

But the bolts holding the rad unit it, the ones that go through the wing, are fairly standard size and type, admittadly they will be unf nuts and bolts

I replaced mine with metric equivalent ones, if you find a local bolt and fixings trader near you they will be able to sort you out a lot cheaper than trying to source original parts, just take one of the bolts for length to them

Also allow for two washers, one either side

It helps
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline MisterC

Attack Member
Part Number Required
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 21:09:00 »
I think this bracket is actually two parts.  MRC5511 (one for each wing) which is a plate with two studs attached.  Plus MRC5504 drivers side (the one you want) and MRC5505 n/s, which has two holes to accomodate the studs from MRC5511 and one on a 'tab' to accomodate the bolt through the top of the wing.  I've checked on the John Craddock site and those part numbers aren't listed there, so it may either not be stocked or going under a differnet part number now.  A starter for 10...
1972 SWB Petrol 2.25 SIII, safari top side windows, Limestone, FWH, 750xR16s, Weber carb, Kenlowe fan, Maplin DIY ignition amplifier and now overdrive.  Coming soon...(cheap) SU carb conversion and (cheap) electronic dizzy conversion (he said hopefully).

Offline Mike1975

Attack Member
Part Number Required
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 09:03:35 »
Hi, I've got all the numbers I need, thanks for all the input.  I'll have to order the bracket for the wing but I think I'll just use new nuts and bolts for the rad/wing connecting

cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal