AuthorTopic: Gearbox oil change and Forte treatment...  (Read 856 times)

Offline Iain C

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Gearbox oil change and Forte treatment...
« on: March 28, 2007, 22:54:03 »
Did this tonight and what a difference!  Not sure if it was the new ATF or the Forte that's made the difference, but well worth doing.  My box really was quite crunchy from first to second unless you were careful, not saying it's cured it but it's certainly a whole lot better.  And the other gears are vastly improved too, feels more like a car box than a Landy!  Transmission is also much quieter now, I can now hear the turbo whine from inside which I could not really hear before over the box!  Transfer box and diffs next on the list!

I also fitted the EGR blank tonight and fook me what a difference, around roundabouts etc it almost feels that you can be a cog higher than normal, makes a world of difference at about 2000 rpm.  Ã‚£3.95 VERY well spent! :D

Only downside is the MESS in my driveway, I won't be popular!! :oops:
1995 Discovery 300 Tdi...steering guard, diff guards, +2" full lift kit/ProComp 9000s, extended braided brake hoses, 265/75/16 MTs on Freestyles, Camel Cut, Team ME4 CB, Southdown snorkel, Defender A-bar and Wipac 4x4s, Forte treatment in anything that moves and a shiny new boot floor!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal