AuthorTopic: champion winches  (Read 475 times)

Offline kevinf

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
champion winches
« on: March 28, 2007, 21:21:21 »
hi folks, its question time

thinking about buying a champion winch,due to
1 reasonable cost
2 12 months warranty includes off-road use
3 according to the information published they seem to be good quality products

would be interested in any feed back from present or previous owner/user of these winches or any body else with any valid imput

note usage would only be occassional,definately not competative, so line speed not a high priority

cheers kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
champion winches
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 21:37:06 »
should be ok for accasional use.....
altho for a little bit more, you get a good decent quality winch that wont let you down, we have argued this fact for along time and there are hundreds of threads about it  :roll:

as for warrenty, they wont stick to there warrenty promises  :wink: if warn dont with there 8274....they wont  :wink: infact, i dont think anyone does, superwinch certainly dont
dan
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

Offline DFR

Attack Member
champion winches
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 23:08:16 »
I  bought a champion winch last year at Newbury, (cracking deals up there). I have used it a number of times and had no problems with it apart from one where it was pulling under water and mud and the cable wound on wrong and cracked part of the casing which was my fault.
After speaking to winch solution they where very helpful and had the spare part I needed in stock. I would recomend them for occasional get out of trouble use and it has certainly pulled me through the gloop.

the only down side is it is a little slow, but you get what you pay for at the end of the day I suppose

Dom

Offline winx

Attack Member
champion winches
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 18:30:51 »
A champion came with my commercial when I bought it, whilst I havent used mine in anger towing the truck out I have used to to pull up tree stumps and move a fallen tree, seemed to work fine for me, no complaints!

Offline ken110

Attack Member
champion winches
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 19:35:09 »
How much beer tokens are we talking about here??? I wouldn't mind a winch but dont want to pay stupid money :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal